Author Topic: Show us where the QB64 magic happens!  (Read 22613 times)

Offline Pete

• Forum Resident
  • Cuz I sez so, varmint!
Re: Show us where the QB64 magic happens!
« Reply #30 on: September 14, 2018, 11:23:22 am »
You use Google? TOSHIBA!

Pete :D
Want to learn how to write code on cave walls? https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/qbasic/qbasic-f1/

Offline Zeppelin

• Zeppelin Games ItchIo
« Reply #31 on: September 15, 2018, 08:21:55 pm »
I'm running a 2002 shitbox laptop running Windows XP.
See 3rd picture for actual laptop (hand for scale).
Using old monitor I found somewhere.
My bad boy has got
-1gb of RAM (Very useful)
-1.60 GHz (very fast)
-Windows XP (lasted software)
-Intel Atom (best core)

Zeppelin
P.s. I need a new computer.
Pps. I'm broke
Ppps. I don't have a job (I'm 16)
Pppps. Help....
+[--->++<]>+.+++[->++++<]>.[--->+<]>+.-[---->+<]>++.+[->+++<]>+.+++++++++++.----------.[--->+<]>----.+[---->+<]>+++.---[->++++<]>.------------.+.++++++++++.+[---->+<]>+++.+[->+++<]>++.[--->+<]>+.[->+++<]>+.++++++++++.+.>++++++++++.

Offline Zeppelin

• Zeppelin Games ItchIo
« Reply #32 on: September 15, 2018, 08:26:58 pm »
I forgot my dictated image.
Here we go:
+[--->++<]>+.+++[->++++<]>.[--->+<]>+.-[---->+<]>++.+[->+++<]>+.+++++++++++.----------.[--->+<]>----.+[---->+<]>+++.---[->++++<]>.------------.+.++++++++++.+[---->+<]>+++.+[->+++<]>++.[--->+<]>+.[->+++<]>+.++++++++++.+.>++++++++++.

Offline TerryRitchie

• Seasoned Forum Regular
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #33 on: September 16, 2018, 01:19:51 am »
LOL, love it! Hey, it gets the job done, right?
In order to understand recursion, one must first understand recursion.

Offline Zeppelin

• Zeppelin Games ItchIo
« Reply #34 on: September 16, 2018, 01:31:41 am »
Yeah, it gets the job done. Slowly. In 10fps.
But yeah. It works well for QB64 along as I'm not using too much graphics.

Offline Pete

• Forum Resident
  • Cuz I sez so, varmint!
« Reply #35 on: September 16, 2018, 01:35:10 am »
But if a Windows XP is a shitbox, as you say, what's that make a Windows 10... a shitagon?

Pete :D
Want to learn how to write code on cave walls? https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/qbasic/qbasic-f1/

Offline johnno56

• Forum Resident
  • Live long and prosper.
« Reply #36 on: September 16, 2018, 02:44:59 am »
Zeppelin,

Many years ago I had an old notebook (10inch screen) with a gig of ram and 4 gig ssd. I also had problems with performance using XP. Thankfully, I didn't use all that often, so changing the system was not a problem. I tried XP lite with Service pack 3 and it performed better. I also tested Linux and it performed just as good as "lite". There are many versions of Linux designed for low performance machines and it's free. XP lite was downloaded from the net. These were the cheapest 'upgrades' for me anyway... Back then I did not have much of an interest in programming, so I don't know how well QB64 will run with Linux or XPLite on your machine.

I hope this helps.

ps: Two things I noticed about your photo... 1. Is that a 'real' lava-lamp? and 2. Compared to my desk 'yours' is a picture of tidiness....
pps: There is no pps... lol

Logic is the beginning of wisdom.

Offline Zeppelin

• Zeppelin Games ItchIo
« Reply #37 on: September 16, 2018, 05:34:47 am »
Pete:
I believe shitasaurus Rex is the correct term, and 'innovation' the politically correct term.
I have to say windows 7 is probably the best.

Johnno56:
Thanks for the suggestions.
1. No. And it's broken.
2. Sometimes the keyboard and mouse don't fit on the desk.

Zeppelin

Offline johnno56

• Forum Resident
  • Live long and prosper.
« Reply #38 on: September 16, 2018, 06:02:25 am »
Zeppelin,

Not a problem. You're welcome.

I hope your machine issues are resolved soon...

I have lost many a keyboard and mice due to lack of space... I am a BIG fan of coffee... Unfortunately, several of my past keyboards, were not...

J
Logic is the beginning of wisdom.

Offline Qwerkey

• Forum Resident
« Reply #39 on: September 16, 2018, 07:07:44 am »
It's a Kind of Magic!

Offline bplus

• Global Moderator
  • Forum Resident
  • b = b + ...
« Reply #40 on: September 16, 2018, 09:17:02 am »
Yeah I was thinking something like that:
https://www.google.com/search?q=neurons&client=opera&hs=DUu&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwiinJXVzb_dAhULvlkKHcHWBlwQ_AUIDigB&biw=1285&bih=667

But this does not show interaction with others at forums or books or OP&P's.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2018, 09:19:02 am by bplus »

Offline Dav

• Forum Resident
« Reply #41 on: September 16, 2018, 10:16:02 am »
Just a follow up for my friends here on our hurricane situation.  We are safe.  No damage to our home when We left, hopefully won't be when go back.  Our whole area  lost power/internet. Lots of trees down and flooding going on.  Were borrowing an internet connection at a church this morning that still has power. The damage around here isn't as bad as surrounding areas, but we do have fallen trees taking out power, blocking roads, hitting some homes and cars. I am getting tv on my laptop with a tv tuner and over the are antenna. I think the worse is over and hope power will be on soon.

- Dav

Offline SMcNeill

• QB64 Developer
  • Forum Resident
    • Steve’s QB64 Archive Forum
« Reply #42 on: September 16, 2018, 10:33:48 am »
The rain is just now starting to move into my area here (southwestern Virginia), but I'm not expecting to have any issues with it, personally.  If it ever floods at *MY* house, somebody had best have built a dang ark!  I sit directly on the continental divide here -- highest point all around -- and haven't ever had to worry over flooding.  My Father always said we were "branch kin" with half of America.  From here, I can pee off my front porch and it'll travel the branches, and rivers, to the east coast; pee off the back porch and it goes to the Gulf, making everyone downstream, in both directions, "branch kin" to us...

No need to worry about me up here, guys.  I'm perfectly safe, and I'm happy and relieved to hear that Dav is too!  ;D
https://github.com/SteveMcNeill/Steve64 — A github collection of all things Steve!

Offline Dav

• Forum Resident
« Reply #43 on: September 16, 2018, 11:12:28 am »
Good luck Steve. Hopefully flo will be all worn out when she gets up there. I really like the area you live in.  My family comes from the va/nc border, near mount airy.

- Dav

FellippeHeitor

« Reply #44 on: September 16, 2018, 11:27:59 am »
Good to hear you guys are safe. Keep us posted.