Author Topic: I'm looking for helpers to make a joint game  (Read 4580 times)

Offline MasterGy

• Seasoned Forum Regular
  • people lie, math never lies
    • View Profile
I'm looking for helpers to make a joint game
« on: May 03, 2020, 04:14:58 pm »
Hi!

I started a game. I realized that despite the energy invested in the track, once someone goes through it and it gets boring. Because it can't be so perfect here

track, and unnecessary. Be varied and enjoyable and always get the player new!

I figured out that different algorithms would create the orbit.

Eg 1 house should not be just 1 house, but the program should put together a house based on expectations. So we can't go into the same house twice.
And everything should be completely random.

I also have an idea for the strategy of the game. Obviously 1 can only be, but its circumference can be varied.

I would like to ask for ideas, tb ...

If anyone would send me low-poly items, I would be very happy.
Or he would edit me in a projection diagram anything that is based on the syntax he likes best.

I think it would be great to have a joint game, anyone who is willing to participate is looking forward to it.
So far I have made such a RANDOM track generator, wasd + mouse, SPACE-new track generation.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=19eF_JEIVwvyIyy_RDHdi-fUvAlW8XCB8

[ You are not allowed to view this attachment ]  

Offline granzeier

• View Profile
Re: I'm looking for helpers to make a joint game
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2020, 09:09:34 am »
Not specifically related to your game, but the December 1980 issue of Byte (https://ia802602.us.archive.org/28/items/byte-magazine-1980-12/1980_12_BYTE_05-12_Adventure.pdf, page 186 - PDF page 188) had an article on "Character Variation in Role-Playing Games". Many of the ideas presented in the article can apply to rooms, and other inanimate objects, as well as characters.

There are also many other articles on game-playing in that issue. It's one of my favorite issues.

Offline SpriggsySpriggs

• Forum Resident
  • Larger than life
    • View Profile
    • GitHub
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2020, 10:12:41 am »
Wow! That looks very well done! I wish I knew enough about graphics to get involved with that!
Shuwatch!

Offline 40wattstudio

• View Profile
    • 40wattstudio
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2020, 11:41:22 am »
If you're looking for help with low-poly objects you might want to try the Itch.io job board -- there are frequently people asking for and offering help in a variety of gamedev aspects.

Offline Unseen Machine

• Forum Regular
  • Make the game not the engine!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2020, 01:30:25 pm »
http://www.md2.sitters-electronics.nl/models.htm

To load/render em you can use GDK_GL if your using GL, if youre using hardware then i/you can modify the renderer to use _MAPTRIANGLE but it wont support rotations so youll have to figure that out.

Its a shame we dont have [abandoned, outdated and now likely malicious qb64 dot net website - don’t go there] cause many years ago DarthWho used Quarternions to do the rotations on my .MDL maptriangle model renderer...

Unseen

Offline MasterGy

• Seasoned Forum Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2020, 10:55:21 am »
Thanks for the comments!

I don't like 3d editors for this purpose because you include a lot of unnecessary points and polygons.
And here you have to be very careful that excess copper does not burden the whole thing.

I use a very simple method to create 3d shapes.
For example, the "philippines and the resisters" are enemies, born in a projection diagram, on paper.

I also checked out GDK_GL! very good !!! I like the light-shadow, and the fact that it only needs to be charged once and the rotation is arranged by him.
My only problem is that .x format this way, this way I can't write directly.
Later, I want my own solution that converts the data used by maptriange to .x format because I like its usability.

I'm staying with _maptriangle for now because it's easy to use.

If someone is in the mood, all you need is paper and pencil, and time ...

And then simple shapes: chair, table, garden swing, whatever ....

If anyone feels like it, I’ll be very happy to receive the numbers in plain txt. I will convert it to the appropriate format.
In fact, if you’re really interested in someone and want to be involved in the whole thing, I’ll write a viewer, just type the numbers from the paper in txt, and the program will show that

has it been good.

This could be a really common game!
Plenty of items could make the whole thing very high quality.

thank you!

Offline Petr

• Forum Resident
  • The best code is the DNA of the hops.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2020, 02:48:04 pm »
Hi.
This is exactly the way I followed when creating a 3D room with a 3D maptriangle. Paper and pencil. I chose the center of the body wrong at that time, today I would choose 0,0,0. This is due to the rotation of the body around its center (if it is a symmetrical shape). Of course, it is also possible to calculate the asymmetric rotation along all axes. The easiest way to create a 3D solid is to make it 2D and then move two identical copies of the points in the Z axis behind each other. To greatly improve the ability to create a more detailed room (from multiple points), I used circular detection in the Z axis adjusted to a semicircle. Simply - calculates only what has a negative Z <-1, in a certain range. There are better methods that could be implanted subsequently, but I have not solved it. For loading objects, it is great if different textures can be used for the same series of points. Then, for example, different textures can be implanted on a desk model to achieve very easily different desks.

https://www.qb64.org/forum/index.php?topic=1504.msg107025#msg107025
https://www.qb64.org/forum/index.php?topic=300.msg109293#msg109293
https://www.qb64.org/forum/index.php?topic=300.msg102191#msg102191

Offline MasterGy

• Seasoned Forum Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 10, 2020, 07:07:34 am »
Hi !

I’m a little disappointed that no one wants to join in creating a common game program.

Indeed, it couldn’t provide a modern look, it would give a sense of about 90 ’FPS, but we could still be proud to have succeeded.

I’m on it if I’m alone, but I still do, max lasts longer.
I would need items. No one applied :(

I got to the point of space perception solution. I tried 3d-matrix (_BIT) first, but there was a lot of time for conversion and it was inaccurate.

Now you have the game, you can crawl, look around.

I need items. Not for links, but for your own ideas, results.

If you still don't care about anyone, I won't bother you.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1pnpO12N_To0gND_m9vogbQ-01lQlek0d

Offline MasterGy

• Seasoned Forum Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 10, 2020, 03:16:39 pm »
Petr, I've tried the 3d editor .. I've been thinking about how to approach an editor in an easy way, I like your approach!

There are many rotations in the program. all elements are rectangular. I give not 8 points, but the center of 1 point (XYZ), and 2 angles, ends, and angles are randomized to introduce an irregularity.

After all, it is not a problem if a body is not specified centrally. You subtract half the width, then you get the middle, rotate, and then return.

It would be nice to have an editor that does low-polys easily, and that could be easily integrated into qb here. So far I have not found any solution.

Offline MasterGy

• Seasoned Forum Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 15, 2020, 05:35:58 pm »
I'll show you, the program creates a random track, and you can move around it, look for a way.
For now, the goal is to try to climb as high as possible on the structure

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1G_1kWh2MYQJ2oX6H_p51LGjfi34waFnV/view?usp=sharing

Offline Ashish

• Forum Resident
  • Never Give Up!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 17, 2020, 11:37:46 am »
I am amazed! Great job on your game engine!
You know, I am working on my 3D game and its game engine nothing in front of yours. :)
if (Me.success) {Me.improve()} else {Me.tryAgain()}

My Projects - https://github.com/AshishKingdom?tab=repositories
OpenGL tutorials - https://ashishkingdom.github.io/OpenGL-Tutorials

Offline MasterGy

• Seasoned Forum Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 17, 2020, 12:13:35 pm »
thanks !

When the engine is done, I want to expose it to see if it is used by others.
It's still good, you can move a fairly large area, but above the calculation of about 30,000 points it is already very slow. It’s under 30,000 in the video, so it’s good for that, that’s the limit. However, I want a larger area for 1 field.

I want to divide visibility into 3d Blocks and calculate with unity what is visible and what is not from a given point, and this would be stored in a 3d array.
The thing works, just so slowly that a data set the size of a video takes several hours to calculate. However, if I could somehow solve this, it would be much larger than the track I saw in the video, and all in all, that would be the point: count a little while displaying, don’t grab the machine.

Offline Unseen Machine

• Forum Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 17, 2020, 02:10:24 pm »
It's still good, you can move a fairly large area, but above the calculation of about 30,000 points it is already very slow. It’s under 30,000 in the video, so it’s good for that, that’s the limit. However, I want a larger area for 1 field.

I want to divide visibility into 3d Blocks and calculate with unity what is visible and what is not from a given point, and this would be stored in a 3d array.

Thats why you should use OpenGL rather than _MAPTRIANGLE, You'd only have to render your enviroment once as a list (or more probally a list of lists ;) ) and then just call the list which would be embedded in memory. OpenGL would do the distance/rotation and visablity calculations for you so you would not need the array.

Either way you go i like what you've managed to acheive so kudos for that.

Happy coding,

Unseen

Offline MasterGy

• Seasoned Forum Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 17, 2020, 03:10:28 pm »
I will tell you honestly that I was still lazy in studying opengl.
I like all the possibilities that lie within it. light, speed.
But I don’t just want to display it as a model.

unfortunately I found no example that I could apply.
Since there will be moving objects, enemies on the field, so you have to recharge the whole thing every time?

thanks

Offline Unseen Machine

• Forum Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 17, 2020, 03:54:26 pm »
Since there will be moving objects, enemies on the field, so you have to recharge the whole thing every time?

But they wont have anything to do with all the terrain and static models so all of those can be done in lists (which i think have been superseeded by vertex buffers in Gl ES2) either way it's not that hard to learn to be fair, especially for someoone who has quite obviously show they are no slouch when it comes to the coding!!!

Unseen