Author Topic: Samples Gallery  (Read 25500 times)

Offline Qwerkey

• Forum Resident
    • View Profile
Re: Samples Gallery
« Reply #75 on: March 04, 2020, 06:07:55 am »
@bplus, I'd like to add your Dropping Balls program https://www.qb64.org/forum/index.php?topic=194.0 to Samples Gallery (2D/3D Graphics without SUB _GL).  It has very good graphics and the whole post is a good demonstration of collaborative work between various members.  There is quite a bit of amazing stuff in that post.  I want to use the code of « Reply #4 on: April 03, 2018, 05:39:05 PM » in Samples.  That code could do with a bit of tidying up (and perhaps a few more explanatory comments).  Would you be able to do that before I add to Samples?  Thanks, Qwerkey

Offline Ashish

• Forum Resident
  • Never Give Up!
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: March 04, 2020, 09:48:44 am »
@Qwerkey Is night sky is also not appearing in your system? Which version of QB64 are you using? How much is your RAM and VRAM?
if (Me.success) {Me.improve()} else {Me.tryAgain()}

My Projects - https://github.com/AshishKingdom?tab=repositories
OpenGL tutorials - https://ashishkingdom.github.io/OpenGL-Tutorials

Offline Qwerkey

• Forum Resident
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: March 04, 2020, 10:42:16 am »
@Ashish I didn't know that night sky was an option - I thought that there would always be blue sky + clouds behind the terrain.  One idiot user, I think.  Pay no more attention to it.

Offline bplus

• Global Moderator
  • Forum Resident
  • b = b + ...
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: March 04, 2020, 11:06:48 am »
@bplus, I'd like to add your Dropping Balls program https://www.qb64.org/forum/index.php?topic=194.0 to Samples Gallery (2D/3D Graphics without SUB _GL).  It has very good graphics and the whole post is a good demonstration of collaborative work between various members.  There is quite a bit of amazing stuff in that post.  I want to use the code of « Reply #4 on: April 03, 2018, 05:39:05 PM » in Samples.  That code could do with a bit of tidying up (and perhaps a few more explanatory comments).  Would you be able to do that before I add to Samples?  Thanks, Qwerkey

Interesting choice, my personal favorite is the one before with sound where the physics isn't so wacky. But I can see how building the pyramid shape can be appealing specially the perfect "racks" that come and go increasingly larger but the balls act so strange, magnetic?  OK maybe that's being +  ;-))

Thanks for your interest, Qwerkey, I look forward to collaborating with you for a good sample. That was a fun thread!

Offline _vince

• Seasoned Forum Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: March 04, 2020, 11:26:22 am »
It was a fun thread, even though you and static totally dropped the ball on the physics!
« Last Edit: March 04, 2020, 11:28:35 am by _vince »

Offline bplus

• Global Moderator
  • Forum Resident
  • b = b + ...
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: March 04, 2020, 11:35:16 am »
It was a fun thread, even though you and static totally dropped the ball on the physics!

:-)) Call it: Rebounding Science Fiction

Better not drag static into this, it was I who (mis)used a snippet for ball handling which helped make those "rack" formations more perfect more often.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2020, 11:40:12 am by bplus »

Offline Qwerkey

• Forum Resident
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: March 05, 2020, 06:35:03 am »
@bplus Do you want to join Discord?  There's a lot of stuff to do with QB64 in general and sometimes Library in particular.  You do not have to (I've got it covered).

FellippeHeitor

« Reply #82 on: March 05, 2020, 06:41:33 am »
@bplus Do you want to join Discord?  There's a lot of stuff to do with QB64 in general and sometimes Library in particular.  You do not have to (I've got it covered).

Everyone should.

Offline Qwerkey

• Forum Resident
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: March 05, 2020, 06:49:46 am »
Too Much Qwerkey.  You can have too much of a good thing.  I've just noticed that at this moment Qwerkey has the last post of the first 4 Sections.  That's far too much of him! (I would have put this silly remark in Off-Topic, but you can't do attachments there).

Offline bplus

• Global Moderator
  • Forum Resident
  • b = b + ...
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: March 05, 2020, 11:38:39 am »
Too Much Qwerkey.  You can have too much of a good thing.  I've just noticed that at this moment Qwerkey has the last post of the first 4 Sections.  That's far too much of him! (I would have put this silly remark in Off-Topic, but you can't do attachments there).

Ah first time as librarian at SmallBASIC, I was going to do all kinds of updating of outmoded code. Did not work out too well, you need the author around to fix up and maintain the spirit of the thing. Here that is still possible, thank goodness.

There should be lots of low hanging fruit, so picks should be ripe and juicy. I suggest you bump the threads of interest and query authors as you did with me, I appreciated chance to go back and improve things a bit. Might let things cook for others comments too, maybe at least a week cool off time? There's no hurry, the quality stuff will still be quality stuff months from now.

You will evolve your own system I'm sure.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2020, 11:41:34 am by bplus »

Offline bplus

• Global Moderator
  • Forum Resident
  • b = b + ...
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: March 05, 2020, 11:54:37 am »

Not at this time thank you. I am liking this thread at present.

Everyone should.

This kind of argument never appealed to me. Everyone told me I didn't need to study for my temporary driver's license, result: no B+

Offline Qwerkey

• Forum Resident
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: March 05, 2020, 12:22:58 pm »
To Library Staff:
I attach a document of my WIP for information.  Following Fellippe's recommendation I am going through the existing projects sorted on number of Views.  When we have a reasonable (but small) number of Samples, we can look at Games (& Toolbox) and then start on the member applications which The Librarian will own (and farm out as necessary).  I'll replace this document here as I go along.  7/3/20 Updated below.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2020, 05:41:31 am by Qwerkey »

Offline bplus

• Global Moderator
  • Forum Resident
  • b = b + ...
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: March 05, 2020, 03:43:12 pm »
@Qwerkey these are my thoughts skimming over your WIP list.

OMG Pig and Snake! there are so many better games, proves that you can't go by either replies or views. These are fun learning threads. Prithak's interesting and pretty sure Cobalt has something special just completed (so he says) and MasterGy... did we see source? I don't know "real" games so well, I go by screen shots.

Replies to Starfield are all over the place too, another fun thread! but was there any one attraction, maybe RotoZoom or maybe Sphere mapping to make planets? Maybe just Star Trek fans, they might like Old Moses game if he knows when to quit and can get there.

Sprite Library, Game Maker, qXed are very interesting tools or Infomatics (I am leaning towards libraries for Infomatics) but wait and see if others start using them including their authors.

B+ Pathfinder was just a study but very helpful for me in preparation for PaintImage or was it Painting like functionality and either Escape from Monster Maze or running a psychic mouse through a maze.

Petr 3D _MAPTRIANGLE is it done? I got impression he is a bit overwhelmed by this project and has to work for a living. It was pretty cool as far as he had gotten.

Update: Ah Sprite Editor, forgot about that, seems project got stuck trying to load files. I tried Steves Load File thing and it works in simple app tester but anything more complicated it dies.

@ Fellippe Does Inform have a File Selecting Dialog?
« Last Edit: March 05, 2020, 04:24:13 pm by bplus »

Offline _vince

• Seasoned Forum Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: March 05, 2020, 04:48:28 pm »
Better not drag static into this, it was I who (mis)used a snippet for ball handling which helped make those "rack" formations more perfect more often.

was there an a original program that was posted by the expert ball handler himself from which you based yours on?

Offline bplus

• Global Moderator
  • Forum Resident
  • b = b + ...
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: March 05, 2020, 05:24:13 pm »
was there an a original program that was posted by the expert ball handler himself from which you based yours on?

My ball collision code starts back with SmallBASIC, at Walter's or [abandoned, outdated and now likely malicious qb64 dot net website - don’t go there] I posted some translation and somewhere along the line STxAxTIC offered advice about how to keep balls from overlapping. That advice might have come from from some code he had worked up from some other time and place.