Author Topic: Low Priority: Suggestion for help on the "Option _Explicit" and ExplicitArray  (Read 2314 times)

Offline hanness

• Forum Regular
    • View Profile
The help file notes for both the "Option _Explicit" and the "Option _ExplicitArray" that each of these must be the very first statement in the program. However, it seems that both of these statements can be used together with either one being specified first.

It might be good to specify for the help topic on these statements that an exception to the rule is that the other option can precede that statement.

For example, it is OK for "Option _Explicit" to precede "Option _ExplicitArray". Likewise, it is OK for "Option _ExplicitArray" to precede "Option _Explicit".

I know that this is a tiny little nitpick, but I thought that it might be helpful.

Offline bplus

• Global Moderator
  • Forum Resident
  • b = b + ...
    • View Profile
The help file notes for both the "Option _Explicit" and the "Option _ExplicitArray" that each of these must be the very first statement in the program. However, it seems that both of these statements can be used together with either one being specified first.

It might be good to specify for the help topic on these statements that an exception to the rule is that the other option can precede that statement.

For example, it is OK for "Option _Explicit" to precede "Option _ExplicitArray". Likewise, it is OK for "Option _ExplicitArray" to precede "Option _Explicit".

I know that this is a tiny little nitpick, but I thought that it might be helpful.

It seems to me that you would use one or the other, as Option _Explicit would cover everything.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2021, 04:39:05 pm by bplus »

Offline hanness

• Forum Regular
    • View Profile
Doh!

Now that you say it, that seems so obvious. My stupidity can provide me with hours of entertainment sometimes :-)

Offline bplus

• Global Moderator
  • Forum Resident
  • b = b + ...
    • View Profile
Ah! Entertainment ;-))

I should be that way!