Author Topic: MCNC2 picture to g-code  (Read 1855 times)

Offline MasterGy

• Seasoned Forum Regular
  • people lie, math never lies
    • View Profile
MCNC2 picture to g-code
« on: June 19, 2020, 02:39:11 pm »

I just want to present it as an interesting thing, although I don’t want to share the source code.

Story in brief:

I made my first cnc machine about 15 years ago. Back then, all the parts were expensive, so I did everything myself.

Mechanics: furniture board, drawer rail, threaded rod
Electronics: The 3 unipolar stepper motors are mounted directly through the transistors via the printer port. The signal with the 2 printer ports I was able to solve the control of the 3 motors. By turning the printer port data bits on and off, I was able to turn the rolls on and off. The motor rotated to the signal output in the correct order.

I had to write the program myself to read a black and white BMP and control the machine based on it, as the electronic solution was not compatible with anything. Under dos, qb 4.5.

I was very interested and wanted to come up with something that sold well and I could make money with it. After many attempts, I figured out that if I punch a hole in the mirror, I could put a photo in it. This making was the foundation of my business today.
Since then, of course, I have been building the machine from precise mechanics and precise stepper motor controls.
What I want to show is the wealth of experience that can be used on a modern platform. I kneaded together. I integrated all “knowledge”.

The machine is controlled by mach3, but the program that generates the toolpath from the image includes everything. This is because I was able to do this on windows and make my experience available for sale, thanks to the existence of QB64!
This is a software package. A flowchart helps you get from image to g-code.

I am proud of a technical solution. There is a part of the program where we can convert a raw image to raster.
Even in modern image editing programs, I haven’t seen the solution to adjust the hue of an image in my program, in a terribly simple way.

Whoever cares, give it a try. Written in qb64, protected by copy protection, the demo only limits the size of the image.

The program also speaks English.

download:
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1Mw4h9Ol087ZvAQFOyXL2xTwP_tbiTP8G?usp=sharing