Author Topic: [InForm] Windows 7's run dialog clone  (Read 19443 times)

Offline Ashish

• Forum Resident
  • Never Give Up!
Re: [InForm] Windows 7's run dialog clone
« Reply #15 on: March 03, 2018, 08:46:01 am »
This is very impressive work! :D
if (Me.success) {Me.improve()} else {Me.tryAgain()}

My Projects - https://github.com/AshishKingdom?tab=repositories
OpenGL tutorials - https://ashishkingdom.github.io/OpenGL-Tutorials

FellippeHeitor

« Reply #16 on: September 16, 2018, 08:35:37 am »
That'll require a merge of TextBox controls and DropdownLists, but once the new type of control exists, it should be easy enough to add. Thanks for trying it!

Offline Pete

• Forum Resident
  • Cuz I sez so, varmint!
« Reply #17 on: September 16, 2018, 02:14:52 pm »
You're filling up Fell with a lot of work, but strangely enough, it's probably less work than convincing those idiots at Microsoft that Win7 is a far better system then 10, although arguably not as tough as 10. Well, Maybe that's not a fair comparison. My 7 just has to put up with keyboard tapping while my 10 spends it day adding up frequent flyer miles and bouncing off walls.

Pete
Want to learn how to write code on cave walls? https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/qbasic/qbasic-f1/

Offline cr0sh

« Reply #18 on: September 16, 2018, 07:48:35 pm »
Whatever happens in regards to Inform - my plea would be to remember to not exclude the other two major operating systems; it seems that so often, a project will start out as being "cross-platform", garnering a lot of support, only later to find itself shutting out everything except Windows (as an original kickstarter supporter for Oculus, their dropping support for Linux really ticked me off, as it was one of the main things that caused me to invest).

Now - I know this dialog is just a clone, and is likely (?) cross compatible and isn't specific to Windows - I'm just putting out a plea and reminder, that there are others out there who use other operating systems besides Windows (and QB64 always being cross-platform in this regard has been a breath of fresh air for so long).

Offline bplus

• Global Moderator
  • Forum Resident
  • b = b + ...
« Reply #19 on: March 11, 2020, 03:39:23 pm »
Hi Fellippe,

Does the browse button still work for you with this?

I've tried with 3 versions of QB64 and nothing happens when I click browse. I am wondering if a Windows update changed something.

FellippeHeitor

« Reply #20 on: March 11, 2020, 04:25:47 pm »
I haven’t checked in a while. I’ll let you know. Are you on Windows 10?

Update: I wrote this sample in a 32bit version of QB64, and it calls a 32bit library, which I assume won't work when we compile with QB64 64bit:

Code: QB64: [Select]
  1. DECLARE DYNAMIC LIBRARY "comdlg32" ' Library declarations using _OFFSET types
  2.     FUNCTION GetOpenFileNameA& (DIALOGPARAMS AS FILEDIALOGTYPE) ' The Open file dialog
  3.     FUNCTION GetSaveFileNameA& (DIALOGPARAMS AS FILEDIALOGTYPE) ' The Save file dialog
« Last Edit: March 11, 2020, 04:47:19 pm by FellippeHeitor »

Offline bplus

• Global Moderator
  • Forum Resident
  • b = b + ...
« Reply #21 on: March 11, 2020, 07:19:26 pm »
I haven’t checked in a while. I’ll let you know. Are you on Windows 10?

Update: I wrote this sample in a 32bit version of QB64, and it calls a 32bit library, which I assume won't work when we compile with QB64 64bit:

Code: QB64: [Select]
  1. DECLARE DYNAMIC LIBRARY "comdlg32" ' Library declarations using _OFFSET types
  2.     FUNCTION GetOpenFileNameA& (DIALOGPARAMS AS FILEDIALOGTYPE) ' The Open file dialog
  3.     FUNCTION GetSaveFileNameA& (DIALOGPARAMS AS FILEDIALOGTYPE) ' The Save file dialog

OK that was in there already. Oh this is Windows only, dang, what a great Browse it was.

Offline bplus

• Global Moderator
  • Forum Resident
  • b = b + ...
« Reply #22 on: March 13, 2020, 01:31:19 pm »
@FellippeHeitor So is the Browse button still working for you?

FellippeHeitor

« Reply #23 on: March 13, 2020, 02:03:29 pm »
I don't have QB64 32bit on this machine and download has been forbidden (corporate network), I'll try it at home tonight and let you know.

Offline bplus

• Global Moderator
  • Forum Resident
  • b = b + ...
« Reply #24 on: March 13, 2020, 03:27:53 pm »
Oh! If this requires 32 bit version never mind, but would be interested in this for v1.4, if possible.

FellippeHeitor

« Reply #25 on: March 13, 2020, 05:56:34 pm »
Does anyone know about comdlg for 64bit systems?

Offline visionmercer

« Reply #26 on: March 13, 2020, 07:05:20 pm »
I have a program that stays 32 bit because of this problem.I have seen how to do it with VBA here: https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/1db77ef4-f363-4e60-b680-6cf1c44e22bd/office-32bit-vs-64bit-comdlg32dll?forum=accessdev
But how to Declare PtrSafe Function in qb64 I do not know.