Author Topic: Mac seems to be fixed!  (Read 2825 times)

Offline robpugh0829

• View Profile
Mac seems to be fixed!
« on: December 14, 2018, 12:16:36 pm »
Yesterday my work Mac wanted me to update the OS, so I did and now that I did that, the terrible flickering issues that were happening prior to are now resolved, so if anybody is wondering if the update will fix it, it looks like it will. At least it did for me.

FellippeHeitor

Re: Mac seems to be fixed!
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2018, 01:22:24 pm »
I haven't updated to the latest yet (still on a beta in-between). Please do two checks if you can, let me know how it goes:

1- Try resizing the IDE. A new bug had been introduced in Mojave that would double the window surface in area and we haven't been able to track it down yet.

2- Load a BAS program into the IDE. Another issue when changing the window title (which happens when you load a file) also appeared in recent versions of the OS and a crash message on terminal would say something about "invalidating drag regions".

I just pushed the button on my machine to update it and will test those myself soon too.

FellippeHeitor

« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2018, 02:51:58 pm »
I'm on v10.14.2 now and the two issues outlined above still remain, which still makes QB64 compatible up to High Sierra until we've found a fix.

Offline robpugh0829

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2018, 07:29:51 pm »
Fellippe,
Sorry I didn't see this sooner, but yes, they are issues for me as well. I was just excited that I could see the IDE at all since I couldn't see much with the crazy flashing before. We are 1 step closer I guess then.

FellippeHeitor

« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2019, 11:11:40 am »
YAY! YAY! Apple fixed the freeglut issue with macOS Mojave 10.14.4!!!

Offline Pete

• Forum Resident
  • Cuz I sez so, varmint!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2019, 11:42:31 am »
Congrats on herding cats.

Pete
Want to learn how to write code on cave walls? https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/qbasic/qbasic-f1/