Author Topic: May I use some qb64.org wiki info in my IDE?  (Read 2882 times)

Offline Dav

• Forum Resident
    • View Profile
May I use some qb64.org wiki info in my IDE?
« on: September 23, 2018, 09:36:20 am »
My IDE has a small help area where users can get keyword usage and small code examples - which are taken from the [abandoned, outdated and now likely malicious qb64 dot net website - don’t go there] wiki.  Galleon gave me permissions to use the old wiki info, but now [abandoned, outdated and now likely malicious qb64 dot net website - don’t go there] is gone and qb64.org is the new wiki home, so I feel it's right to ask permission from here to use new wiki data. I'd like to add the new keyword help from the qb64.org wiki to the help section in my IDE. I will give credit of course.  If not, may I instead give links to the QB64.org wiki keyword page?

Thanks.

- Dav

FellippeHeitor

Re: May I use some qb64.org wiki info in my IDE?
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2018, 11:00:57 am »
Hi, Dav

We just did an HTTP dump of the old wiki in between Galleon's server failures, especially since he had already declared it open source (despite Clippy's objection).

That said, you're free to take the content and incorporate it as you see fit. We extend the same permissions as Rob had.

We've begun some edits to make some pages LESS AGGRESSIVE and LESS EMPHATIC!!! But we're still a long way to go.

Offline Dav

• Forum Resident
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2018, 02:06:22 pm »
Thank you!

- Dav

Offline Pete

• Forum Resident
  • Cuz I sez so, varmint!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2018, 06:36:36 pm »
I've made a wiki program that removes exclamation marks. One problem. I ran it on the QB64 Wiki, but received an "out of memory" error message before the task was completed. Maybe Dav can hire a couple of hundred assistants to remove them manually?

Kidding aside, Clippy consistently put a hell of a lot of time and effort into the QB64 Wiki documentation. I bust his chops all the time but I've always credited him for his long-lasting contributions to the documentation of this project. WELL DONE CLIPPY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Pete :D
Want to learn how to write code on cave walls? https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/qbasic/qbasic-f1/

FellippeHeitor

« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2018, 01:38:46 am »
We do value Clippy's extensive work on the wiki, and all of the history of edits is still credited to him in our wiki (the same structure has been kept from .net).

[ You are not allowed to view this attachment ]