Author Topic: Poll ?  (Read 10691 times)

Offline TempodiBasic

• Forum Resident
    • View Profile
Re: Poll ?
« Reply #15 on: September 23, 2018, 11:02:17 am »
Hi Johnno

I agree with you about illogical
hear here please https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mh3Kk5tZSmo
Good Coding
with the Illogical song :-)
Programming isn't difficult, only it's  consuming time and coffee

Offline TempodiBasic

• Forum Resident
    • View Profile

Offline TempodiBasic

• Forum Resident
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 23, 2018, 11:23:15 am »
Hi Fifi
thanks for help.
So I must post you
UserName
Password User
Linux type and version
keyboard and desktop settings

Ok so we can see if QB64 can run on my virtual machine.
For now I'm stucked after no response of terminal also if I follow instructions in Linux_sh.txt

For Linux:
find . -name '*.sh' -exec sed -i "s/\r//g" {} \;
I can get the run_qb64.sh but it doesn't run both using rightclick and execute both using rightclick and execute in terminal in which I type
./run_qb64.sh  after some seconds it appears the text Press enter to continue and after pressing Enter key nothing.

Offline Pete

• Forum Resident
  • Cuz I sez so, varmint!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 23, 2018, 01:01:15 pm »
So Bplus it seems that we met some times ago in the deep space :-)

Hey TempodiBasic!

Poll: When we met, was I wearing a skirt or a Roman Gladiator outfit? (complete with paint brush atop of my helmet)

... or a Martian school girl uniform?

Pete :D
Want to learn how to write code on cave walls? https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/qbasic/qbasic-f1/

Offline johnno56

• Forum Resident
  • Live long and prosper.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 23, 2018, 04:32:19 pm »
I believe I have deduced the reason for the confusion on this Forum...

I would like to remind everyone of the original request: "I'd like to ask and count who's using QB64 and/or InForm and/or vWATCH on" by Fifi.

The subject matter was very quickly exchanged for... cartoon characters. This course of action has driven me to the only logical explanation for your strange behaviour. I cannot, at this point in time, recall the medical definition. But, the colloquial term of, "You're all nuts!", should suffice.

Fifi: I suppose that, when you opened the door on this particular issue, that the door would be attached to a circus clown-car! When you opened it, all the clowns came tumbling out... I fear we have attached ourselves to a comedian's horror show instead of a programming Forum. The study of this highly illogical form of humour will be fascinating. What is the correct idiom? "Enjoy the ride."

BPlus: Brilliant image... "Fire at Will..." was particularly entertaining...

The rest of you: I suppose that every fruitcake must have it's fair share of nuts. It is a good thing that I enjoy fruitcake. Stay nuts!
Logic is the beginning of wisdom.

Offline bplus

• Global Moderator
  • Forum Resident
  • b = b + ...
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 23, 2018, 04:57:44 pm »
Hey Johnno, are you aware that the original name of this thread was "Pool".

That was the door way to this clown car (and TempodiBasic not Pete, at first) and did you notice I did say what OS I used and InForm and I do not use vWatch (yet) can be implied by my not mentioning it.

Just in case Fifi did really want to take a poll and just in case anyone else might like to help his inquiry.

So as the man said, Fire at Will.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2018, 05:09:09 pm by bplus »

Offline johnno56

• Forum Resident
  • Live long and prosper.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 23, 2018, 07:02:17 pm »
My eyes maybe failing... but the topic was entitled "Poll ?"... but you already knew that... Ok. Nice distraction. As Daffy would say,"Ho, ho, ha, ha. It is to laugh"

What were we talking about again?

Offline Fifi

• Forum Regular
    • View Profile
    • My small QB64 contribution
« Reply #22 on: September 23, 2018, 08:17:17 pm »
Hi all,

Yes, the original "title" of this thread was "pool' instead of "poll" because I was tired (not drunk) and not using as I must always do when I write English post, the Google Translation tool (yep, I'm French! I know: nobody's perfect. - LoL)

However, this wording mistake brings here some very funy comments.

Anyhow, my original request was to have a poll (not a pool) to evaluate how many QB64, Inform and vWATCH users we are, and who is using what OS.

This poll (not the table we can dance on after a bunch of beers) could have had (multiple options to check):

- Do you use QB64 (yes/no)
- Do you use InForm (yes/no)
- Do you use vWATCH (yes/no)
- Are you using Windows (yes/no)
- Are you using Linux (yes/no)
- Are you using OS/X (yes/no)

This would help all of us and especialy the dev team to:

- count the number of users of these three excellent products,
- understand what is the primary OS used by theese folks.

Now, since this forum doesn't allow such a poll, I'm just expecting answers from all you folks to get an idea of who the QB64, InForm and vWATCH users are and what could be their main needs to make enhacement proposals.

Cheers.
Fifi
It's better to look like an idiot for a short time while asking something obvious to an expert than pretending to be smart all your life. (C) Me.

Offline Fifi

• Forum Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 23, 2018, 08:43:18 pm »
Hi tempodiBasic,

Hi Fifi
thanks for help.

I sent you an e-mail late today with both a link to downlaod VMware Workstation 12 Pro (with my installation key for both Windows and Linux) as well as Fusion 8 for OS/X (also with my installation key) and a complete question set to create for you a customised pre-installed VM that will work with both the "old dog" Oracle VirtualBox and the excellent VMware Playre (free) and VMware Workstation Pro.

So, please let me know if you didn't get this e-mail since I sent it via this forum.

If you didn't get my e-mail, please send me an e-mail directly at pckb@as2.com (or at fnux.fl@gmail.com) and I'll resend my instructions as well as the links on my personal web server to download the necessary files.

Cheers.
Fifi
« Last Edit: September 23, 2018, 09:24:40 pm by Fifi »
It's better to look like an idiot for a short time while asking something obvious to an expert than pretending to be smart all your life. (C) Me.

Offline TempodiBasic

• Forum Resident
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 24, 2018, 07:58:32 am »
Hi Johnno
please can you give your contribute to the pool/poll?

This poll (not the table we can dance on after a bunch of beers) could have had (multiple options to check):

- Do you use QB64 (yes/no)
- Do you use InForm (yes/no)
- Do you use vWATCH (yes/no)
- Are you using Windows (yes/no)
- Are you using Linux (yes/no)
- Are you using OS/X (yes/no)

previous posts:
Pete :D

I use a slightly older GL version of QB64 on a Windows 7 64-bit system. I use the IDE more now than I used to. It's been steadily improved.

TempodiBasic
Summarizing:
-> QB64x32 v1.2  20180228/86  in Windows 10 64bit  (in the future also in Ubuntu in WM emulation)
-> Inform is just great for developing GUI  event  driven
-> vWatch used time ago for testing, I think it will be useful in professional and/or large project
-> DavIDE used time ago for testing, but ASCII ide is more romantic and now it works good.

Offline johnno56

• Forum Resident
  • Live long and prosper.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 24, 2018, 09:35:03 am »
TempodiBasic,

Use QB64 - Yes (BIG fan of Basic - Not very good at it - but a big fan)
Use InForm - No (only did the tic-tac-toe example - cool - but nothing since)
Use vWATCH - No
Using Windows - No (Oh how many 'No's" am I permitted to type?.... lol)
Using Linux - Yes (13 years)
Using OS/X - No

Hope this helps...

J

Offline Bert22306

• Forum Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 24, 2018, 03:34:40 pm »
Salut, Fifi:

- Do you use QB64 (yes/no) yes
- Do you use InForm (yes/no) no
- Do you use vWATCH (yes/no) no
- Are you using Windows (yes/no) yes, Win10. both machines
- Are you using Linux (yes/no) no
- Are you using OS/X (yes/no) no

Offline SMcNeill

• QB64 Developer
  • Forum Resident
    • View Profile
    • Steve’s QB64 Archive Forum
« Reply #27 on: September 24, 2018, 03:45:20 pm »
Salut, Fifi:

- Do you use QB64 (yes/no) yes
- Do you use InForm (yes/no) no
- Do you use vWATCH (yes/no) no
- Are you using Windows (yes/no) yes, Win10. both machines
- Are you using Linux (yes/no) no
- Are you using OS/X (yes/no) no

+1 for all
https://github.com/SteveMcNeill/Steve64 — A github collection of all things Steve!

Offline Dav

• Forum Resident
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 24, 2018, 05:03:45 pm »

- Do you use QB64 (yes/no). YES, and prefer the QB64 ide (and not my own ide,lol)
- Do you use InForm (yes/no) YES learning it now.
- Do you use vWATCH (yes/no) NO, not yet, but expect to soon.
- Are you using Windows (yes/no) YES. And using QB64 on Win2000 and Win7
- Are you using Linux (yes/no) YES, rarely, less and less these days.
- Are you using OS/X (yes/no) NO.

- Dav

Offline Fifi

• Forum Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 24, 2018, 09:16:55 pm »
Hi all,

Perhaps should I have first responded to my own poll before dancing on my pools (yes, I've two of theese boards, one being a French pool with only three balls, the second being a Snooker table) ;)

Do I use QB64 : Yes, I'm still learning it,
Do I use InForm : idem, I also learn to use it,
Do I use vWATCH : idem, I also learn to use it,
Do I use Windows : Yes, mainly Windows 10 and sometimes still Windows 7 and also both DOS and OS/2 but always in VMs,
Do I use Linux : Yes, always in VMs and multiple distributions (Arch, Bridge, CentOS, Debian, Fedora, LMDE, Mint, Ubuntu and all its derivatives),
Do I use OS/X : Yes, it's now my main OS since I've sold last year all my old PCs and have now only two iMack 27 (I'm running Maverick).

BTW, I'm a poor programmer but I've quite some experience on Linux bash scripts and Windows (less on OS/X).

Further, I'm also comfortable with VM tools such as VMware Workstation (for Linux and Window), VMware Fusion (for OS/X) as well as Oracle VirtualBox and Desktops Parallel.

Using all theese tools for over 10 years, I deeply recommand the VMware products (VMware Player is free) for their performances (less CPU and RAM usage Vs the two other contenders).

If you're interested to try the VMware products, I can share my previous VMware Workstation Pro 12 and VMware Fusion 8 licences for free since I already paid for their upgrades and don't use my previous releases anymore.

And I can also provide with you customized pre-installed VMs to be directly usables.

So, let me know when sending me an e-mail (at pckb@as2.com or fnux.fl@gmail.com) and I'll give you links to download the packages from my personal web site with their relevant installation keys.

Hope this may help some of you to discover the Virtual Machine world.

Cheers.
Fifi
« Last Edit: September 24, 2018, 09:23:37 pm by Fifi »