Author Topic: Waving Flag(or windsock) at angles  (Read 2065 times)

Offline Cobalt

• QB64 Developer
  • Forum Resident
  • At 60 I become highly radioactive!
    • View Profile
Waving Flag(or windsock) at angles
« on: August 16, 2021, 07:47:06 pm »
So I know there are a few examples of the waving flag in the Programs area here and there. However does anybody have code to do that at various angles? Like a windsock so it appears to wave at various angles rather than just jutting out at a 90degree angle. I've attached an image of what I mean below. I want to be able to angle the flag or windsock from 0(just hanging out no wind) to 90(strong wind) and have it "wave" with various strengths.

Before I go and try to recreate the wheel so-to-speak does anybody have code that will add a "wave" to just a particular area of the screen?

Or any suggestions on the best way to accomplish that perhaps?
Granted after becoming radioactive I only have a half-life!

Offline bplus

• Global Moderator
  • Forum Resident
  • b = b + ...
    • View Profile
Re: Waving Flag(or windsock) at angles
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2021, 11:30:48 am »
@Cobalt

Do you intend to work with images or coded graphics drawing?

I read that windspeed is determined by how many rings on sock get stretched out, 5 knots per ring.

Offline Cobalt

• QB64 Developer
  • Forum Resident
  • At 60 I become highly radioactive!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2021, 10:38:45 pm »
@Cobalt

Do you intend to work with images or coded graphics drawing?

I read that windspeed is determined by how many rings on sock get stretched out, 5 knots per ring.

I'm not going for that much detail,  I might just use a few image with the flag at a few angles, or I may try to use DRAW and the angle option and press my luck on creating one that way. I was just wondering if there was anyway to apply the 'waving' look to a boxed area just to make it more interesting. Without having to create a bunch of frames to pre-render the look.
Granted after becoming radioactive I only have a half-life!

Offline Pete

• Forum Resident
  • Cuz I sez so, varmint!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2021, 11:26:33 pm »
But won't Steve be mad when he discovers out you put his protective gear on your pole?

Pete
Want to learn how to write code on cave walls? https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/qbasic/qbasic-f1/