Author Topic: Odd Behaviour of InForm First Project Save  (Read 2581 times)

Offline Qwerkey

• Forum Resident
    • View Profile
Odd Behaviour of InForm First Project Save
« on: June 27, 2021, 07:51:50 am »
When you first try to save an Inform Project, it will not allow you to change the Save Folder.  Instead when you select a Folder from those available on the List, the file name is changed to that of the Folder.  See video.
I am using the latest version of InForm and have not seen this behaviour before.
If, after saving the .frm and .bas and manually moving to the Project Folder, the .frm is opened with the UIEditor, then subsequent updates are correctly saved.

FellippeHeitor

Re: Odd Behaviour of InForm First Project Save
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2021, 09:22:31 am »
I can't see from the video if you did a single click or a double click on the folder, can you confirm that?

Also, please confirm if it's the latest stable or latest dev build you're running (do you have 'Receive development updates' enabled in the Options menu?)

Offline Qwerkey

• Forum Resident
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2021, 10:57:25 am »
Everything single clicks.

QB64 is v1.5 git 3043116
Inform is InForm Designer v1.2 (build 15)

FellippeHeitor

« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2021, 11:17:24 am »
The behavior of changing the Save button to an "Open" button when a folder is selected has not been coded, indeed. Double click the folder to open it. I'll look into it for the next release.

BTW: Highly recommend getting the latest dev build if you, like me, are the kind who often changes their mind regarding their form layout and need to edit it down the road. The management of existing code has been greatly improved.

Offline Qwerkey

• Forum Resident
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2021, 01:20:51 pm »
Thanks Fellippe.  You may have told me this before, and it is easy to forget details during a long absence.