Author Topic: ET's Home Phone, or is there a way to call from the PC with QB64?  (Read 2711 times)

Offline Pete

• Forum Resident
  • Cuz I sez so, varmint!
    • View Profile
I had a QBasic PC phone dialing routine I created, which shelled to a VBDOS app Mac made for me in 1990 something. I recall I rewrote it for QB64, but I can't recall if I still had to SHELL to the VBDOS program to get it to function, or if Rob worked out a way to do so in QB64. Well, that was back when Comm ports were accessible, and hones were hooked into a card running in the PC. Now I have a cell hone and a cable phone, so long story longer, is there a QB64 way someone can explain that would be able to get a PC to initiate a call (send the number) to either a cell phone or cable phone, which is attached to a router?

As an example, Windows has this: https://www.windowscentral.com/how-make-phone-calls-your-pc-using-your-phone#:~:text=Microsoft%20recently%20added%20the%20ability%20to%20relay%20phone,the%20moment%2C%20it%27s%20available%20exclusively%20for%20Android%20devices.

It would be nice to be able to do so without a 3rd party device.

I'm running a Win-10 64-bit.

Pete
Want to learn how to write code on cave walls? https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/qbasic/qbasic-f1/

Offline SpriggsySpriggs

• Forum Resident
  • Larger than life
    • View Profile
    • GitHub
Re: ET's Home Phone, or is there a way to call from the PC with QB64?
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2020, 04:07:38 pm »
Hmmmm.... This is quite a specific need. Using QB64, I don't think you'll be able to tap into that Windows 10 feature of "Your Phone". It will be beyond the abilities of the setup. You could maybe find some alternative to Your Phone and see if it has command line options.

Edit: didn't realize it was you, Pete, until I pressed submit.
Shuwatch!

Offline SpriggsySpriggs

• Forum Resident
  • Larger than life
    • View Profile
    • GitHub
Shuwatch!