Author Topic: What should be the IDE behavior after the graphics driver crash?  (Read 2957 times)

Offline Petr

• Forum Resident
  • The best code is the DNA of the hops.
    • View Profile
Hello. I made a program using hardware images. I had run IDEs 3x at the time of running the program, each IDE with a different program. Because I forgot to _Display, after the compilation the IDE crashed due to Nvidia Graphic Driver default error (that's definitely my fault). Now why I write it here. After restarting the IDE, IDE offered the restoration of the previous program. I confirmed this, but one of those programs that were loaded into inactive IDEs at the time of the fall was restored. The program that caused the fall was lost. I do not see IDE so deep, so I want to ask if it should so be.

FellippeHeitor

Re: What should be the IDE behavior after the graphics driver crash?
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2018, 08:11:51 am »
Each simultaneous instance of the IDE will create a new temp folder inside the internal folder. Each folder records that instance's undo/restore history. Try opening three instances of the IDE simultaneously and you will probably be able to recover your lost code.

If even after launching three instances at the same time you don't get the restore prompt, try hitting ctrl+z a few times in each window, as QB64 can undo across session as well (that feature is a life saver sometimes).

Offline Petr

• Forum Resident
  • The best code is the DNA of the hops.
    • View Profile
Re: What should be the IDE behavior after the graphics driver crash?
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2018, 01:10:37 pm »
Thank you for reply, I will try next time (the temporary folder has probably been overwritten or deleted since I have only the default installation and since then I have done other things in IDE).