Author Topic: Another quick question  (Read 2587 times)

Offline johnno56

• Forum Resident
  • Live long and prosper.
    • View Profile
Another quick question
« on: September 23, 2020, 08:31:47 pm »
I have been using QB64 for sometime now and I have only just noticed something weird... Well, weird for me, anyway... lol

Have a look at the screenshot and see if you have noticed this is well... I didn't notice it because I wasn't looking for it. It's amazing what we 'assume' and then take it for granted... Anyway... What was I saying? Oh yes...

Notice the two panels. Right hand side: List of directories. Left hand side: List of files in the current directory.

I only just noticed it... The list of files, in the current directory, are 'ordered'. But the list of directories are not.

This is not a 'deal breaker' or a 'bug report'... Just something I thought was weird... (not even a snigger, bplus... lol)

I would be curious to know if this is the same for non-Linux OS's.

J
Logic is the beginning of wisdom.

Offline Pete

• Forum Resident
  • Cuz I sez so, varmint!
    • View Profile
Re: Another quick question
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2020, 08:39:56 pm »
This looks like a job for Stupid Sort! (Inside joke of "sorts").

Pete :D
Want to learn how to write code on cave walls? https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/qbasic/qbasic-f1/

Offline bplus

• Global Moderator
  • Forum Resident
  • b = b + ...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2020, 08:47:05 pm »
My folders are in alphabetic order same as files.

Probably a Linux thing, it probably appears in same disorder in SprDraw Open a File?

Offline johnno56

• Forum Resident
  • Live long and prosper.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2020, 09:24:20 pm »
Bplus,

Yeah... Figured it might be something like that... Fortunately I do not have a lot of 'directories'... So, searching for the one I need, does not take very long... lol
Logic is the beginning of wisdom.

Offline bplus

• Global Moderator
  • Forum Resident
  • b = b + ...
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2020, 10:40:36 pm »
We could throw the folders in a sort routine in SprDraw for a little icing on the cake.

That reminds me I still need to rework those two lists with one central mouse and keypress handler, that probably is the key to writing windows and controls for event driven programming the rest is just tracking and drawing boxes.