Author Topic: [InForm] Encrypt/Decrypt v 0.2  (Read 10850 times)

Offline TempodiBasic

• Forum Resident
[InForm] Encrypt/Decrypt v 0.2
« on: June 17, 2018, 07:50:46 pm »
Hi Guys
I'm glad to show you the InForm version of Encrytp/Decrypt v0.2

Using Inform I have had a easy way to create a professional and clear interface for user of my program...
What can  I want more from a developer tool?

Coming to my program....
it is a simple demonstration of how to encrypt/decrypt a text message using a set of symbols to crypting...
to make simple the results we use the set of whole alphabeta in Uppercase and Lowercase plus digit from 0 to 9 (26 uppercase + 26 lowercase + 10 digits = 62 symbols)

as Bplus have said in the other thread where Encrypt/Decrypt has an ASCII interface the translation from message to hiddenMessage and the back way has been made by a substitution one to one: one symbol has been put at the place of one initial character of the message...
In the History the first two methods are known as Giulius Ceaser's cipher, the other methods are an evolution of this in which the mathematic rules choose what is the symbol's sequence to use at place of the original message.

In attachment in a ZIP file there are the file .BAS, .FRM, InForm.UI and XP.UITHEME.

Thank's to read
Thank's to try
Waiting your ideas, your thoughts and your feedbacks...

GoodCoding QB64 friends
* Encrypt_Decrypt.zip (Filesize: 73.44 KB, Downloads: 350)
Programming isn't difficult, only it's  consuming time and coffee

FellippeHeitor

Re: [InForm] Encrypt/Decrypt v 0.2
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2018, 08:08:11 pm »
Great Job, TempodiBasic. All worked as expected in my tests here.

You'll want to also include the file falcon.h when you distribute programs written using InForm, as it's required for compilation.

And as I had told you before, the .MultiLine and CanResize properties do not apply to labels, so you don't really need to set them as you did in SUB __UI_BeforeInit.

Hope using InForm was a good experience for you.

Fellippe.

Offline bplus

• Global Moderator
  • Forum Resident
  • b = b + ...
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2018, 09:20:16 am »
Yes looks very professional. Is this first example use of drop down list with InForm?

I am still not getting what's going on with encryptions, looks like it's just different formulas for substitutions.

Why not encrypt the whole message at once? bohdah-bing!

Offline Ashish

• Forum Resident
  • Never Give Up!
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2018, 09:47:07 am »
Good work, TempodiBasic!
if (Me.success) {Me.improve()} else {Me.tryAgain()}

My Projects - https://github.com/AshishKingdom?tab=repositories
OpenGL tutorials - https://ashishkingdom.github.io/OpenGL-Tutorials

Offline TempodiBasic

• Forum Resident
« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2018, 10:30:18 am »
Hi Friends
thank's for feedbacks

List of Feedbacks:

0.  also my son has given me a feedback about the caption of a label...
    0.1 cause I'm hungry I have eaten "many" from HoW many :-)

1. Fellippe
    1.1 I have canceled the settings of multiline and canresize
    1.2  I have added falcon.h in the .zip to let compile for who haven't yet Inform as tool in QB64 folder

Inform is a great tool... in developing for users that like build interface event driven.

2. Bplus
  2.1  IMHO I have used another time drop down list... but I don't know what other code example of Fellippe or others has used drop
        down list

2.2  yes these are different formulas to encrypt using a substitution one to one
         here you can get theory and I more mess of work to expand this Encrytp/Decrypt v0.2
          https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Substitution_cipher for substitution methods
          https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Transposition_cipher for transposition methods
  2.3 encrypt the whole message at once.... with a linear constant formula it is possible like in C++ you can do a++ or a--
       but in what manner do you think to do the whole Encrypt/Decrypt   if each step is needed to calculate the following one?

3. Ashish
    Thank's, you have given feedback me a bug....
    3.1 I do this bug because I always am hungry so in code text I have eaten "t" of the name of  textbox5  ( I wrote texbox5 ) :-)

* Encrypt_Decrypt.zip (Filesize: 76.2 KB, Downloads: 344)
Programming isn't difficult, only it's  consuming time and coffee

Offline bplus

• Global Moderator
  • Forum Resident
  • b = b + ...
« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2018, 10:57:55 am »
Oh Transposition cipher, had not seen that before. Thanks TempodiBasic!