Author Topic: QB64 won't startup on my kids WIN 7 Computers  (Read 2758 times)

Offline Cobalt

• QB64 Developer
  • Forum Resident
  • At 60 I become highly radioactive!
    • View Profile
QB64 won't startup on my kids WIN 7 Computers
« on: August 23, 2019, 05:55:23 pm »
trying to get QB64 1.3 on my kids computers to start teaching them a little programing and 2 of them wont allow QB64 to start up, Module Error: Ide_methods, on line: 10376. These to machines also complain about some crap, "can't determine who made this program, do you really want to run it?" or something like that.

only happens on 2 not all 4, though they are all exactly the same. I've never had an issue on any of my personal machines, just copy paste and run so I'm clueless here. Anybody know what I need to do? Even run as Admin fails. they are all running WINDOWS 7.
Granted after becoming radioactive I only have a half-life!

Offline SMcNeill

• QB64 Developer
  • Forum Resident
    • View Profile
    • Steve’s QB64 Archive Forum
Re: QB64 won't startup on my kids WIN 7 Computers
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2019, 06:06:30 pm »
Can you open ide_methods.bas and post the lines around 10370-10380 for me?  Or share the link to whichever version you downloaded?  The line for me is a simple CLOSE #150, and that definitely shouldn’t toss any glitches...
https://github.com/SteveMcNeill/Steve64 — A github collection of all things Steve!

Offline SMcNeill

• QB64 Developer
  • Forum Resident
    • View Profile
    • Steve’s QB64 Archive Forum
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2019, 06:14:30 pm »
        OPEN ".\internal\temp\root.txt" FOR INPUT AS #150

In the standard 1.3 version, the line in question is the one above.  It should open a file called “root.txt” in the internal\temp folder.  If it’s failing, either you have folder permission issues, or antivirus issues.  ;)
https://github.com/SteveMcNeill/Steve64 — A github collection of all things Steve!

Offline Cobalt

• QB64 Developer
  • Forum Resident
  • At 60 I become highly radioactive!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2019, 07:59:00 pm »
its 1.3 and yeah thats all it says for that line. But I think I found a solution, for some reason it had issue with the shortcut I put on their desktop, after I deleted the shortcut and remade it everything seems to be working.
Riddle me that one Batman. 

I have no love for win 7  and ,since they sent my Kindergartner a LAPTOP! with Win 10, Windows 10 refuses to talk with my network, sees it, acknowledges the cables plugged in, but declares ,rather pompously, that the network is not configured properly(aka not good enough) for it. though I have 16 other computers and several other devices that beg to differ.
Granted after becoming radioactive I only have a half-life!

Offline Pete

• Forum Resident
  • Cuz I sez so, varmint!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2019, 02:05:02 pm »
LOL@Beg to differ...

Pete
Want to learn how to write code on cave walls? https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/qbasic/qbasic-f1/

Offline TempodiBasic

• Forum Resident
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2019, 09:51:42 am »
the other day I have found one of my old notebooks...
an HP with 250GB HDD and £GB of ram and ... Windows 7!
Well after bootstrap Windows adjourn itself and the say to me that it is not original!!!!
:D but it was OEM!!!
crazy windows.  SO I have added XUBUNTU 14.04 (yes there is another version newborn but Hardware is so low)
it works fine.
Next step is to install QB64.
Programming isn't difficult, only it's  consuming time and coffee