Author Topic: Tetris  (Read 20792 times)

Offline Petr

• Forum Resident
  • The best code is the DNA of the hops.
    • View Profile
Tetris
« on: March 06, 2018, 10:33:34 am »
Hello, this is Tetris, I'm sending it here too, for a time if NET again crash. Source code is not loaded complete to this window (and miss end mark for code) so BAS file i add here as next attachment.
* tetris.pmf (Filesize: 10.97 MB, Downloads: 407)
* Tetris.bas (Filesize: 49.83 KB, Downloads: 516)
« Last Edit: March 06, 2018, 10:41:10 am by Petr »

Offline Petr

• Forum Resident
    • View Profile
Re: Tetris
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2018, 10:38:10 am »
Odin, i can try it again, but now attachment is complete, but not text with source code (50 KB and it is not my bigest) not.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2018, 10:45:38 am by Petr »

Offline codeguy

• Forum Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2018, 09:44:08 pm »
tetris.pmf only downloads to a 7.4MB file, while the indicated DL size is about 11MB. The splash screen shows up, pauses 3 seconds and zilch. Tetris.pmf is in the SAME directory as QB64.exe and Tetris.bas. Still zero luck running it under the latest stable QB64 release (v1.2). Any suggestions? I'd LOVE to play it.

Offline bplus

• Global Moderator
  • Forum Resident
  • b = b + ...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2018, 10:16:15 pm »
tetris.pmf only downloads to a 7.4MB file, while the indicated DL size is about 11MB. The splash screen shows up, pauses 3 seconds and zilch. Tetris.pmf is in the SAME directory as QB64.exe and Tetris.bas. Still zero luck running it under the latest stable QB64 release (v1.2). Any suggestions? I'd LOVE to play it.

Dang you guys have got me curious what the problem might be?

(I made a zip of files from NET because I assumed files here weren't working.)

Append: .zip extraction works for me!

To spin pieces use up arrow. Nice sound Petr! Does that giant ? mark become a picture? (I didn't play long enough, I guess.)
* Tetris by Petr.zip (Filesize: 10.48 MB, Downloads: 419)
« Last Edit: March 06, 2018, 11:42:06 pm by bplus »

FellippeHeitor

« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2018, 11:05:31 pm »
Works as expected for me, compiled with the latest QB64.

Offline bplus

• Global Moderator
  • Forum Resident
  • b = b + ...
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2018, 11:18:13 pm »
What is glue?

Offline Donald Foster

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2018, 12:51:07 am »
Very nice game! I played several rounds and got up to level 6. I' m surprised how many traditional tetris pieces were placed with non tetris pieces. Adding more pieces, I can see, but eliminating official pieces is surprising. A few times a piece didn't complete fall to it's final position. But, my game are far from perfect and I'm sure mine have many glitches also. I only brought it up in case you wanted to fix those little bugs you may not be aware of. But very nice and I enjoyed it.

Donald 

Offline Petr

• Forum Resident
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2018, 10:44:49 am »
Hi all.
CodeGuy: I try downloading both files from here and it download both files right. But try download from http://www.[abandoned, outdated and now likely malicious qb64 dot net website - don’t go there]/forum/index.php?topic=14764.0

Bplus:

Dang you guys have got me curious what the problem might be?

(I made a zip of files from NET because I assumed files here weren't working.)

Append: .zip extraction works for me!

To spin pieces use up arrow. Nice sound Petr! Does that giant ? mark become a picture? (I didn't play long enough, I guess.)

The first part of the query - I do not know where the problem is. Probably on the server, but Odin is constantly improving it, so maybe it was a bug that's gone. I do not understand the rest of the query, I dont speak english so well. For what it is GLUE. This is a mode where the individual parts are glued together. Simply run alongside the existing shape and press the arrow as if you were going to move it to existing shape. Your shape then sticks to the existing one and does not fall anymore. This way you can build a row of 5 rows (or more) from the bottom. It's the possibility of the game, the mistake I made and allowed her to call it from the menu because it was interesting to me. Another funny mistake you no longer find in the game was when you with piece of length 5 move and a width of 1 into a hole of depth 1 and length 3, and hit the rotating button when it hit. The piece then shrunk to three and filled the hole. This was a bug in development, but it has already been removed.

Donald Foster:
Hello Donald. There are many of these Tetris, and the parts in the game can be modified by everyone. However, many adjustments are needed because the rotation takes place in the field and each shape has a different length of field. Then, in the SUB Collis variable MEZ must be corrected in the SUB Collis, that is the coordinate impact (actually Y of the LINE command which is drawn by the cube) and the correct rotation in SUB Hejbej. The first body position is read from the DATA block by the CTI subroutine, which is still used for background animation in the menu and for displaying next shape in the menu. Next in the SUB Preview for the S variable, the size of the shape field must be set, so the fields are everywhere, they have the same height and width. In DATA blocks you can rewrite the shape as you want, 1 is for a point, 0 for nothing.
You did not make me happy with the bug of the impact. I tried to this find and destroy the monster, but the bug is still there? I'm probably going to start growing flowers and computer let go out of the window :-D

I forgot for one warning. Don´t use old IDE for compiling it, bacause then unexpected error occured! (it do .74 version). I test and run it in IDE .84 and works right.

« Last Edit: March 07, 2018, 10:54:18 am by Petr »

Offline johnno56

• Forum Resident
  • Live long and prosper.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 01, 2021, 05:44:03 am »
Just found this game (1 Jul 21). Very cool indeed. Although the levels take some time, it was quite enjoyable. I like the different shapes.

Very nicely done!

J
Logic is the beginning of wisdom.

Offline bplus

• Global Moderator
  • Forum Resident
  • b = b + ...
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 01, 2021, 04:15:43 pm »

Offline johnno56

• Forum Resident
  • Live long and prosper.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 01, 2021, 06:29:55 pm »
That version was pretty cool. Had to slow it down a bit. Speed of 10 requires the reflexes of a cat... Could do with a 'Game Over / Play Again", but as it is, a very nice game. Many thanks for the link... You know I'm going to scrutinize this version, with an extreme "scrute", for the purpose of conversion, right?
Logic is the beginning of wisdom.

Offline Cobalt

• QB64 Developer
  • Forum Resident
  • At 60 I become highly radioactive!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 03, 2021, 01:16:31 am »
Just found this game (1 Jul 21). Very cool indeed. Although the levels take some time, it was quite enjoyable. I like the different shapes.

Very nicely done!

J
well if you get bored you can try my NES version clone here;
https://www.qb64.org/forum/index.php?topic=661.msg6027#msg6027

Man so long ago I had not made my MFI file system yet. I think those resource files must be the early predecessors to the MFI storage system. Not sure if I'm surprised that it has been nearly 3 years since I published that or that its only been nearly 3 years...
any way give it a try if you want.
I might give it a revisit and see if I can't get it added to the games section someday.
Granted after becoming radioactive I only have a half-life!

Offline DANILIN

• Forum Regular
    • View Profile
    • Danilin youtube
« Reply #12 on: July 04, 2021, 06:03:07 am »
Tetris 1984 Pazhitnov USSR Russia

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tetris

Russia looks world from future. big data is peace data.
https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PLBBTP9oVY7IagpH0g9FNUQ8JqmHwxDDDB
i never recommend anything to anyone and always write only about myself

Offline Petr

• Forum Resident
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 04, 2021, 12:29:47 pm »
Hi guys. I'm amazed! You found this mine old program :) I'm glad that even after three years you like it. I'm finishing a new room now, where it will be programs writed almost by itself ... that's why I'm not much on the forum at the moment. I will definitely be done by the end of this year and then I will show up more often.