Author Topic: IDE Improvement Proposal  (Read 2296 times)

Offline Petr

• Forum Resident
  • The best code is the DNA of the hops.
    • View Profile
IDE Improvement Proposal
« on: June 06, 2019, 12:00:33 pm »
The simple thing: After selecting "Output exe to source folder" , let the IDE  as if it were pressed some keys in the code area. This will automatically update the option and compile the EXE to the correct location.

Offline Raven_Singularity

• Forum Regular
    • View Profile
Re: IDE Improvement Proposal
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2019, 10:40:18 am »
Can you explain your suggestion more clearly?  I don't understand what you're pointing at.

FellippeHeitor

« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2019, 10:45:13 am »
Seems like the suggestion is to turn the switch into an action.

Offline Petr

• Forum Resident
  • The best code is the DNA of the hops.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2019, 11:15:05 am »
I'm going to the FILE - OPEN subdirectory and then to the source code. If OUTPUT EXE TO SOURCE FOLDER is selected when IDE start, then the source in the subdirectory works correctly. If this is not selected when IDE start and I select OUTPUT EXE TO SOURCE FOLDER in menu, but I do not make any further modifications in source code, it is then compiled as if I had not changed anything - as is set when the IDE starts without updating this setting.
 In short, I want the IDE to respond to changes in the menu without the user having to click on the code and press something for activate the changes set in the menu.

Offline Raven_Singularity

• Forum Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2019, 11:20:43 am »
I'm going to the FILE - OPEN subdirectory and then to the source code. If OUTPUT EXE TO SOURCE FOLDER is selected when IDE start, then the source in the subdirectory works correctly. If this is not selected when IDE start and I select OUTPUT EXE TO SOURCE FOLDER in menu, but I do not make any further modifications in source code, it is then compiled as if I had not changed anything - as is set when the IDE starts without updating this setting.
 In short, I want the IDE to respond to changes in the menu without the user having to click on the code and press something for activate the changes set in the menu.

Thanks for the clarification.