Author Topic: TYPE vars white spaces  (Read 5829 times)

Offline SMcNeill

• QB64 Developer
  • Forum Resident
    • View Profile
    • Steve’s QB64 Archive Forum
Re: TYPE vars white spaces
« Reply #15 on: January 17, 2019, 10:18:50 pm »
Random Access.

OPEN file$ FOR RANDOM AS #1
https://github.com/SteveMcNeill/Steve64 — A github collection of all things Steve!

Offline xra7en

• Seasoned Forum Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 18, 2019, 10:51:10 am »
Well gee, I ALMOST feel like a dork - I think logically: QB is old school, (BBS days, along with pascal and C#) So when I hear RA .....

now I gotta change ma lingo again...  :-)
I just like re-writing old DOS book games into modern QB64 code - weird hobby, I know!

Offline Pete

• Forum Resident
  • Cuz I sez so, varmint!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 18, 2019, 11:16:31 am »
Don't feel bad, you just didn't get the memo. You could take it up with our HR department, unless you don't know what HR stands for, in which case you're screwed, unless you don't know what screwed stands for, in which case you just might be a dork.

Kidding aside, this is a neat community in that you don't see a lot of arrogance flying around about how you posted something. Around here, it's more about reaching some level of understanding to make some headway or to be able to adequately discuss a topic. I've been to some of those other forums and told them I'd like to stay and chat, but I'm too busy taking all the online PhD courses, so I can correctly relate something without having to climb down someone's throat because they picked apart my post, even though they did understand what I was trying to ask.

Oh, here's a fun fact. Did you know nul is the abbreviation of null? Who in the "hel" thought we needed a shorter way to write a 4-letter word?

BTW - I really like that saying in your signature line... "Light is faster than sound, that is why people APPEAR intelligent until they speak."

Pete :D

Want to learn how to write code on cave walls? https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/qbasic/qbasic-f1/