Author Topic: AnotherBrickInTheWall: Inform game that clone Arkanoid/Brick the wall games  (Read 11229 times)

Offline TempodiBasic

• Forum Resident
Hi Guys
with the goal to give examples of use of Inform here I post
AnotherBrickInTheWall  a duplicate of Arkanoid/Brick the Wall games

This first raw version (0.1 we can say) has a bug that Fellippe fixed (a button_brick never dies)
so in the zip there is the original.BAS and the FixedByFellippe.BAS (16 01 2017/ 01 16 2017)

Thanks to try
* AnotherBrickInTheWall.zip (Filesize: 8.84 KB, Downloads: 376)
Programming isn't difficult, only it's  consuming time and coffee

FellippeHeitor

Wow, it used Beta 1! Thanks for sharing again, TempodiBasic. This will require the old library files, as they've become incompatible with the latest release of InForm.

Offline TempodiBasic

• Forum Resident
Hi Fellippe

Sob! You're right,
if I load .BAS in QB64 1.2 and try to compile it gives me error in InForm.UI and with accuracy at calling __UIXPTheme
if I load the project in InForm 7beta it looks ok, but also if I save it overwriting the project the error stays there.
Sigh!

Further improvements can be to add to File Menu two commands:
Save as it can be useful to save different variants of a project, or to change the name to the project
Save .BAS it can be useful when you want preserve previous code before an important change.

moreover it will be wonderful if the user can choose/change the path in which save the file/files.

For now
 1. or readers download the old 1beta version to see the output of code
2. or if it is possible (in the politic of the forum) I'll post the compiled form of the code.

Waiting your and others' feedback 
I thanks for seeing my code example
* AnotherBrickInTheWall_EXE.rar (Filesize: 1.61 MB, Downloads: 333)
« Last Edit: August 25, 2018, 09:35:06 am by TempodiBasic »

FellippeHeitor

There are two basic changes that makes earlier versions incompatible with the most recent version of InForm.

One is that there is a new event called __UI_FormResized, so older code that doesn't contain a SUB __UI_FormResized will fail to compile, but the fix is as simple as adding it:

Code: QB64: [Select]
  1. SUB __UI_FormResized

Another thing is that method SetFont has lost its last parameter. So, in your .frm file, any calls to SetFont should be changed to only contain the first two parameters: a string with the font name and the desired font size. The last parameter specifying attributes has been dropped.

These two changes are enough for your previous creations with InForm to be able to be compiled with the latest version and make use of the recent improvements.

Thanks for reposting these here.

Offline TempodiBasic

• Forum Resident
Hi Fellippe

Thanks for specific and clear answer about how to make compatible old project with new Inform7 beta