Author Topic: New InForm improvements.  (Read 2686 times)

Offline Fifi

• Forum Regular
    • My small QB64 contribution
New InForm improvements.
« on: August 20, 2018, 07:12:46 pm »
@Fellippe

Hi my friend,

Here are some improvements I may suggest for your next InForm update:

- When creating a frame, please add the "no title bar" option (then we'll have to create an [Exit] button to quit the frame! LoL)

- When creating a text box, please add the following options (and controls):

a) maximum lenght of the imput (e.g. from 1 to 254),
   b) character set accepted "or refused" (i.e. àâäéèëêïöôüùç),
   c) e-mail minimum validity control (e.g. abd@def.com) I know, it's tuff & borring but so helpfull ;).

- When creating a numerical entry field, please add the following control option to add to the Min Max.

a) integer (e.g. no comma "," or dot "." or space inside the input nor any other ASCII char),
   b) float (accept both comma ",' or dot "." but no space nor any other ASCII char).

Then, I guess InForm will be very close to perfect. ;)

Hope I don't ask too much.

Best regards.
Fifi
« Last Edit: August 20, 2018, 07:51:07 pm by odin »
It's better to look like an idiot for a short time while asking something obvious to an expert than pretending to be smart all your life. (C) Me.

FellippeHeitor

Re: New InForm improvements.
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2018, 07:53:23 pm »
Thanks for the suggestions, Fifi! All noted.

Offline Fifi

• Forum Regular
    • My small QB64 contribution
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2018, 08:22:17 pm »
Hi Fellippe,

Thanks for the suggestions, Fifi! All noted.

Is there any way to automatically know when you've a new InForm update, and what is(are) the enhancement(s) e.g. a mailing list to login to to receive your news?

Further, but that' another "project": Could it be possible for (let's say InFom_HTML) to create HTML+NodeJS  or HTML+Python forms?

Connected with G-WAN, that would make such a terrific tool that you could sold it worldwide in a large scope!

BTW, did you get some news from G-WAN?

As they (and I) said, making G-WAN using QB64 like any other language would ask them less than one hour to make it append.

Please let me know.

Now, another question: when QB64 will be able to accept other characters but the limited set of the basic ASCII?

QB64 is now used in India as well as all over Europe and its limitation to the US characters isn't anymore acceptable for a worldwide use.

In the same spirit, as I already said multiple times, I'm willing to translate all the QB64 "dialog messages"for both the compiler and the Editor as long as QB64 can separate these "texts" in separate code positions or external files.

That's so basic to do that I can't understand why it's still not available!!!

King regards.
Fifi
It's better to look like an idiot for a short time while asking something obvious to an expert than pretending to be smart all your life. (C) Me.

FellippeHeitor

« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2018, 08:42:14 pm »
Hi again,

Is there any way to automatically know when you've a new InForm update, and what is(are) the enhancement(s) e.g. a mailing list to login to to receive your news?
If you are currently using InForm beta 7, you should get an automatic notification when beta 8 becomes available. Updating should be automatic too if I did everything correctly.

Further, but that' another "project": Could it be possible for (let's say InFom_HTML) to create HTML+NodeJS  or HTML+Python forms?
I never really thought of that, as QB64's target is really the desktop.

BTW, did you get some news from G-WAN?
Nothing really.

Now, another question: when QB64 will be able to accept other characters but the limited set of the basic ASCII?
Some investigation already took place concerning the implementation of true Unicode support, but that's not coming soon, I have to say. Luke hasn't been able to devote much time to the project and he's the C++ guy, so that's still on hold.

In the same spirit, as I already said multiple times, I'm willing to translate all the QB64 "dialog messages"for both the compiler and the Editor as long as QB64 can separate these "texts" in separate code positions or external files.

That's so basic to do that I can't understand why it's still not available!!!
The availability of extended characters is tied to this request, so that's basically why it's not available yet.