Author Topic: Loss my IDE colors.  (Read 4868 times)

Offline johnno56

• Forum Resident
  • Live long and prosper.
    • View Profile
Re: Loss my IDE colors.
« Reply #15 on: November 28, 2021, 02:39:14 am »
How could I have forgotten THAT one? Thanks Steve...
Logic is the beginning of wisdom.

Offline Dimster

• Forum Resident
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 29, 2021, 10:45:08 am »
So it just happened AGAIN. All my saved work in progress open in the default IDE color scheme and not the scheme they were saved with

This time I did save my IDE color scheme so it was a simple matter to restore the colors. I don't understand why they didn't open with the color scheme I had assigned when I saved them. Appears I may need to give up on using the color schemes as a meaningful indication of the program's coding stage of development.

I wonder if this has anything to do with Windows. I'm also trying to figure out why, after a windows update about a month ago, that it interrupts whatever I'm doing at the time, to tell me it can't access a "h" drive which I do not have. It then displays the contents of a drive which I do have. This has been happening spasmodically, just like this loss of IDE color. Things that make you go HUUUUM.

Offline bplus

• Global Moderator
  • Forum Resident
  • b = b + ...
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 29, 2021, 11:11:08 am »
@Dimster

You are trying to color code the stage of your program edits??? Yikes!

Do you know now with QB64 v2.0+, when you Open a 2nd and 3rd QB64 window the screens will be different colors, or can be, and dang if I remember how I set it up but I have my 2nd window set to QB64 Red.

Oh! just set the Color Scheme when you have the 2nd Window Open.

I use QB64 Red for Read Only :) Now if I open a 2nd QB64 IDE, I see it immediately and now know which is the one I want to edit.

BTW XmasSnow sucks because if current line is like a For of an IF it will be Red-lined until you "fix" it with the Next or the End If, that's fine but when something is Red-lined and all the print is dark, you can't read the line!
« Last Edit: November 29, 2021, 11:16:45 am by bplus »

Offline Dimster

• Forum Resident
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 29, 2021, 12:04:57 pm »
I guess it is somewhat like color coding an edit but not exactly. I have an outline of a finished program on paper with all the various tasks and final results that I want the program to accomplish.

Those tasks that I want to add to the main program are developed separately with lots of trial and error. I'm presently working on the task of Trending with multiple different files, so the Trending1 is born. It is raw 1st attempt coding and carries a Brown IDE scheme. Once Trending1 can produce reliable and accurate results with just one of the data files it then is saved as Trending2 with a Purple IDE scheme. Trending2 then has to work with all the data files and the issues that volume creates. As soon as that produces reliable and accurate results it's saved a Trending3 with a Green IDE scheme. It is this one that I incorporate into the Main program and run the whole thing before moving onto the next task. While the numbering is a great indication of what stage the development is in, it's the color scheme that reminds me of the stage as I'm working on it.

On opening a 2nd or 3rd window, are you referring to the various DeskTops which Windows will generate? I generally use that feature when I'm running code and I know it's going to take a while for it to run, so I'll open a 2nd desktop window and keep working another piece of code. Read-Only as red. I should have my Main Program as read only especially when I'm review it in a 2nd desktop window.

Sounds like XmasSnow has a form of encryption. Amazing how a blanket of snow can change the look of the world.

Offline bplus

• Global Moderator
  • Forum Resident
  • b = b + ...
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 29, 2021, 03:45:18 pm »
Ah @Dimster

Oh I see you are thinking the same as I thought when this color option was started with 2.0, that you could save a scheme with each .bas file, no, not yet anyway!

By opening a 2nd QB64 Window, I mean starting another .bas file in another instance of QB64 IDE program, those can be color coded by setting the Color Scheme for the 2nd instance of a running QB64 IDE with or without .bas loaded in.