Author Topic: InForm v1.3 now available ✨  (Read 5362 times)

FellippeHeitor

InForm v1.3 now available ✨
« on: October 12, 2021, 09:40:01 pm »
Hello, everyone. I’m releasing InForm v1.3 today, and I hope you guys will enjoy this update.

GitHub commit 36a7f9a (October 12 2021):
- If you are on Windows, the easiest way is to get the installer from this link and run it from your QB64 folder. All else should be automatic.
- For Linux and macOS, get the latest version from https://github.com/FellippeHeitor/InForm/releases/latest, unpack it to your QB64 folder maintaining the folder structure of the package.
    - To make sure you unpacked it right, you should have the install scripts in the same folder as your QB64 binary, a file called falcon.h in the same location, and a subfolder called InForm with the remaining library files. With that done, run the appropriate script (it might be necessary to chmod +x the script first).

New Feature

Version 1.3 brings one major feature, which hopefully will be very helpful to everyone maintaining InForm-based projects.

Up until v1.2, you could load a .frm file you had created earlier, make edits to it and export the updated form file, but you’d have to make manual changes to the accompanying .bas file. Now InForm is a tad smarter on that front and it will cater for that so you don’t have to.

Adding, renaming, deleting controls will all reflect in your existing .bas file, all while preserving existing code you may have already added. That means more productivity, since you’ll be able to focus on what really matters for your development workflow.

If anything goes wrong, don’t worry. Your files will still be fully backed up before any changes are performed, so you can always restore them.

Fixes and other changes

The core library, InForm.ui, has now been split into two files: InForm.bi will come at the top and InForm.ui will now come at the end of a generated InForm program. That makes sure you get faster feedback from the compiler/error checker in QB64’s IDE, since your sub procedures will be compiled first, then InForm last.

There have also been several fixes under the hood. You can check them out in our commit log on GitHub: https://github.com/FellippeHeitor/InForm/compare/v1.2…v1.3

Thanks to everyone for your interest in QB64 + InForm. Let me know if any issues arise.

Marked as best answer by on April 12, 2024, 10:01:59 pm

FellippeHeitor

Re: InForm v1.3 now available ✨
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2021, 09:42:10 pm »
  • Undo Best Answer
  • I have recently made a walkthrough of InForm in video form too, here it is:

Offline SpriggsySpriggs

• Forum Resident
    • Larger than life
      • GitHub
    « Reply #2 on: October 12, 2021, 09:44:06 pm »
    Excellent! Installed and got it working. Thanks, Fellippe!
    Shuwatch!

Offline bplus

• Global Moderator
    • Forum Resident
    • b = b + ...
    « Reply #3 on: October 12, 2021, 10:14:28 pm »
    Up until v1.2, you could load a .frm file you had created earlier, make edits to it and export the updated form file, but you’d have to make manual changes to the accompanying .bas file. Now InForm is a tad smarter on that front and it will cater for that so you don’t have to.

Adding, renaming, deleting controls will all reflect in your existing .bas file, all while preserving existing code you may have already added. That means more productivity, since you’ll be able to focus on what really matters for your development workflow.

This seems to address the main issue I had with InForm. You know how I am always rewriting things, blundering my to perfection. ;-))

I will put this on my todo list to try out again.

FellippeHeitor

« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2021, 10:20:26 pm »
    I will put this on my todo list to try out again.

🥰

Offline Qwerkey

• Forum Resident
    « Reply #5 on: October 13, 2021, 05:09:05 am »
    ...blundering my to perfection. ;-))

@bplus gets to perfection (as well as abundance).  I'm always blundering my way to inadequacy.

@FellippeHeitor : QB64 version 2, and now InForm version 1.3!  You can never sleep!

After my sabbatical, I started a simple InForm project to get my hand in again.  Reached a point where some error of mine wouldn't resolve, so put it aside and did the coin-tossing (non-InForm) program instead.  Might try & finish it off, for form's sake.

Offline Qwerkey

• Forum Resident
    « Reply #6 on: October 13, 2021, 06:21:14 am »
    1.3 installed perfectly (automatic update), as we'd expect.

@FellippeHeitor really must convert QB64.org into a Commercial Enterprise (just need to get the massage out there, as discussed elsewhere).

Then he'd have premises in Seattle and he'd have an astronautical place booked with Musk or Branson.  Mind you, we've been saying for years that @Pete should be launched into Space à la Laika!

FellippeHeitor

« Reply #7 on: October 13, 2021, 10:53:19 am »
    @Qwerkey glad it installed well on your machine! Let me know how it goes with your project.

Thank you for your support with InForm ❤️

Offline Qwerkey

• Forum Resident
    « Reply #8 on: October 14, 2021, 01:29:56 pm »
    @FellippeHeitor  v1.3 seems to be working perfectly with a pre-existing project (the one which I might complete), except for needing the .ui include shifted to the end, and insertion of .bi - so all old projects would need that adjustment.

The IDE throws up two unused variables in line 1441 of InForm.ui

FellippeHeitor

« Reply #9 on: October 14, 2021, 01:56:47 pm »
    Thanks for letting me know,  @Qwerkey