Author Topic: Ongoing issue in the QB64 IDE where item selected is well below mouse pointer  (Read 4459 times)

Offline Pete

• Forum Resident
  • Cuz I sez so, varmint!
    • View Profile
Re: Ongoing issue in the QB64 IDE where item selected is well below mouse pointer
« Reply #15 on: September 30, 2021, 06:04:41 pm »
Ah, that makes sense, and adds further credence that anything that would push up the bottom corners of the OpenGL window would solve the problem.

int screenWidth = glutGet (GLUT_SCREEN_WIDTH);
int screenHeight = glutGet (GLUT_SCREEN_HEIGHT);

glutInitWindowPosition(0, 0);
glutInitWindowSize(screenWidth, screenHeight);

So which does QB64 use? glutInitWindowPosition(0, 0) or glutInitWindowPosition(-1, -1)?

-1, -1 is the default value, which lets the system find the top left corner. 0, 0 should be the top left corner. Of course what is weird about GLUT is that it appears to separate the menu/content portion of the window from the title bar. So the above coordinates may have no effect on that.

Pete

Pete
Want to learn how to write code on cave walls? https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/qbasic/qbasic-f1/

FellippeHeitor

Re: Ongoing issue in the QB64 IDE where item selected is well below mouse pointer
« Reply #16 on: September 30, 2021, 06:21:20 pm »
It’s not a problem of the window frame, but the gl rendered buffer inside the window frame.

Offline Pete

• Forum Resident
  • Cuz I sez so, varmint!
    • View Profile
Want to learn how to write code on cave walls? https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/qbasic/qbasic-f1/

Offline Cobalt

• QB64 Developer
  • Forum Resident
  • At 60 I become highly radioactive!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 30, 2021, 10:46:40 pm »
odd it does not behave that way on my Vista machine. Does on this laptop with Wincrap-10-ows unless i used a custom font then it does not. of course then I get the issue of missing characters! 🤷
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

so my advice is go back to Widows Vista. 🥇
Granted after becoming radioactive I only have a half-life!