Author Topic: Spiderbro  (Read 7268 times)

Offline pforpond

• I am me
    • View Profile
Re: Spiderbro
« Reply #15 on: April 07, 2021, 03:53:45 am »
Oh working fine! very cute! The music in background OK and fullscreen does make it easier to see.
Thank you very much for giving it another shot. I'm glad you found it cute.

This walkthrough looks to be very helpful. I offer suggestion for line 14 to prefix the icon file with ".\" so fewer people might be hung by that simple fix.
It does seem to have resolved the icon issues some other people were having, any reason why this seems to work on other people's PCs and not mine? Whenever I attempt to compile with the './' there, the compiler always complains that the icon cannot be found.
Loading Signature...

Offline bplus

• Global Moderator
  • Forum Resident
  • b = b + ...
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 07, 2021, 11:34:08 am »
It does seem to have resolved the icon issues some other people were having, any reason why this seems to work on other people's PCs and not mine? Whenever I attempt to compile with the './' there, the compiler always complains that the icon cannot be found.

Are you on Linux? there the slant of \ or / makes a difference.

I know for my system the icon file is always harder to find, all sound and image files are found easily enough but for some reason ".\" is needed for icon file.

Offline pforpond

• I am me
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 14, 2021, 02:58:39 pm »
Are you on Linux? there the slant of \ or / makes a difference.

I know for my system the icon file is always harder to find, all sound and image files are found easily enough but for some reason ".\" is needed for icon file.

I'm on macOS which doesn't seem to like it either way. When I hop on either a Windows or Linux VM it compiles fine with ./ and .\ and without. Maybe the command is buggy?
Loading Signature...

FellippeHeitor

« Reply #18 on: April 14, 2021, 04:17:11 pm »
Since $EXEICON is Windows-only, in other platforms it will indicate the file is missing, but won't do anything with it anyway. If it's buggy in the production release, you can work around the issue with a precompiler block:

Code: QB64: [Select]
  1. $IF WIN THEN
  2. 'Your $EXEICON line here

Offline pforpond

• I am me
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 16, 2021, 09:31:44 am »
Since $EXEICON is Windows-only, in other platforms it will indicate the file is missing, but won't do anything with it anyway. If it's buggy in the production release, you can work around the issue with a precompiler block:

Code: QB64: [Select]
  1. $IF WIN THEN
  2. 'Your $EXEICON line here

Excellent, thank you. I'll be sure checking out this $IF command, I had no idea it existed! :)
Loading Signature...

Offline bplus

• Global Moderator
  • Forum Resident
  • b = b + ...
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 16, 2021, 01:29:11 pm »
$MetaCommands might be good topic for QB64 Reporter :)

Offline pforpond

• I am me
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 14, 2021, 04:30:36 pm »
For those who are interested, I have made an updated version of Spiderbro that attempts to address some of the issues people had.

First of all there are a lot less files in the data folder (around 1,335 files less) and it takes up about 15mb less space. Sample sounds have been added whilst the final sound effects are being worked on, giving the game more life. Fullscreen mode is now enabled by default and the mouse cursor is hidden from the games view. Finally there have been several bug fixes, hopefully all improving the quality of the game.

Download here!

If you're having trouble with any of the puzzles a walkthrough can be downloaded here!
Loading Signature...