Author Topic: Converting Atari Basic XE to QB 64  (Read 884 times)

Offline rcamp48

Converting Atari Basic XE to QB 64
« on: February 01, 2022, 09:49:39 pm »
I was wondering if it is possible to recreate the Atari version of Forem XE Professional to QB64? Atari Basic XE uses some of the same logic as QB64, and I was wondering if there is anyone out there that would want to take on this project, I have all of the Basic source code and it looks like it can be done, the idea is to get a BBS program for Forem PC (If anyone has Forem PC please leave me a message , but I do believe that it has been lost or it slipped through all of the cracks over the last 40 years, at least the code is available for Forem XE Pro, I have saved it as code on the PC, and will post it here.

[ You are not allowed to view this attachment ]  

I do believe that this would be quite that challenge, so where better than here I will inlude all of the other files that it uses too... Russ
Russ Campbell
rcamp48@rogers.com
BBS Files Programmer

Offline wiggins

Re: Converting Atari Basic XE to QB 64
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2022, 05:33:01 pm »
Wow....this brings back memories of PCBoard, RBBS-PC, etc.  Nothing like the sound of the 9.6 bps modem connecting.

Did this run on the Atari platform only?
What were the hardware requirements? 
The code you posted has hardware specific addresses in it.  Is that all the source code?
Do you have the data files and the file layouts (formats) ?

I found this video

« Last Edit: February 02, 2022, 05:43:14 pm by wiggins »

Offline rcamp48

Re: Converting Atari Basic XE to QB 64
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2022, 03:54:59 pm »
Yes I do have all of the data files , they are still available..... and that video is one of mine...lol
  [ You are not allowed to view this attachment ]  
Russ Campbell
rcamp48@rogers.com
BBS Files Programmer