Author Topic: Sticky CURSOR in Linux IDE  (Read 2644 times)

Offline SirCrow

• Forum Regular
    • View Profile
Sticky CURSOR in Linux IDE
« on: May 31, 2018, 01:50:22 am »

In Ubuntu, when the IDE window is maximized and I use the keyboard to move the cursor, it continues moving for a while even after I release the key.  Also, sometimes I need to click ABOVE the thing I want to click or select.  A quick fix for this?  Thanks.
I may not always finish what I've started....

FellippeHeitor

Re: Sticky CURSOR in Linux IDE
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2018, 02:14:34 am »
I believe the answer to both questions is the video card playing badly with OpenGL. For the sticky key, QB64 is probably reading from the buffer passed by the os to opengl and it's lagging. For the bad mouse aim, you probably get a black bar on top of the window, right below the title bar, which means opengl is trying to place the window buffer but the os is offsetting it. For the first issue I don't see a quick solution. For the second, just don't maximize your window, but instead resize it manually so it fills your screen but doesn't give you the offset bug.

Offline SirCrow

• Forum Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2018, 03:03:36 am »
Okay, so I built my new budget PC, using my same old GeForce card with it.  Why no such issues with it and OpenGL on the old PC (Windows Vista), I wonder?

FellippeHeitor

« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2018, 03:07:42 am »
Windows+Hardware, Linux+Hardware.

Offline SirCrow

• Forum Regular
    • View Profile
Re: OpenGL Issue & Text Size
« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2018, 01:51:51 am »
If I don't maximize the window, I can't make the text appear larger using Options --> Display.

FellippeHeitor

« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2018, 10:10:27 am »
My point is: don't maximize; just resize it manually until it's big enough for your needs but not *actually maximized*, so that your screen proportion won't be an issue, in order to avoid the dreaded black bar on top, which causes mouse clicks to be offset.

Offline SirCrow

• Forum Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2018, 11:59:53 am »
I understand, but my point was that my eyes would like the text to be BIGGER.  At least until I can get new reading glasses.

FellippeHeitor

« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2018, 12:37:40 pm »
That's also my point. Make the font bigger as desired in Options->Display->Custom font, but just adjust the window size manually instead of using the maximize button (i.e. drag the window borders).

Offline SirCrow

• Forum Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 12, 2018, 09:03:45 pm »
I had already tried that and didn't like the result, but I'll give it another go.  (For one thing, question marks ???????? appeared all over the place.)  Is there no way to fix the flaw that causes these issues in the first place?

FellippeHeitor

« Reply #9 on: June 12, 2018, 10:10:46 pm »
I had already tried that and didn't like the result, but I'll give it another go.  (For one thing, question marks ???????? appeared all over the place.)  Is there no way to fix the flaw that causes these issues in the first place?

Question marks all over the place mean the font you chose doesn't contain extended ASCII line drawing and block characters. The solution is chosing another font here.