Author Topic: IDE doesn't auto-cap DECLARE SUB/FUNCTION?  (Read 3708 times)

Offline Dav

• Forum Resident
    • View Profile
IDE doesn't auto-cap DECLARE SUB/FUNCTION?
« on: December 03, 2018, 07:13:38 pm »
I noticed the QB64 IDE doesn't auto capitalize DECLARE SUB or DECLARE FUNCTION.  Is that the intended behavior?  Just wondered if it was a bug or not.  The IDE seems to auto cap everything else correctly.  Perhaps I have some setting turned off?

- Dav

Offline Pete

• Forum Resident
  • Cuz I sez so, varmint!
    • View Profile
Re: IDE doesn't auto-cap DECLARE SUB/FUNCTION?
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2018, 07:23:29 pm »
DECLARE SUB and DECLARE FUNCTION are probably just depreciated. They were necessary in QBAsic but were made unnecessary in QB64. They d not get capped in y browser, either.

Pete
Want to learn how to write code on cave walls? https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/qbasic/qbasic-f1/

Offline Bert22306

• Forum Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2018, 08:45:50 pm »
And because these DECLAREs are now unnecessary, I think it's best not to auto-capitalize. If they stay, they don't hurt anything. It seems good behavior, though, to have that indication that they are unnecessary. For those who might have forgotten, or even not known.

Offline SMcNeill

• QB64 Developer
  • Forum Resident
    • View Profile
    • Steve’s QB64 Archive Forum
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2018, 10:28:09 pm »
And because these DECLAREs are now unnecessary, I think it's best not to auto-capitalize. If they stay, they don't hurt anything. It seems good behavior, though, to have that indication that they are unnecessary. For those who might have forgotten, or even not known.

If they're keywords, and not usable as variable names, then they should capitalize for us.  A different color in the IDE (such as the one used to designate remarks) would be a better way to indicate depreciation of requirement.  ;)
https://github.com/SteveMcNeill/Steve64 — A github collection of all things Steve!

Offline Pete

• Forum Resident
  • Cuz I sez so, varmint!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2018, 12:31:14 am »
The universal replacing needs some tweaking, too. let's say you have variables xx and xx% and you want to make the xx ones xx%. You check
  • Whole Word and click Replace all, but xx% gets changed to xx%%. Now try and do the same with changing %% to % with
  • Whole  Word checked, and it bombs again, telling you the match, which is clearly there, was not found. As tested in ver. 1.2

Pete
Want to learn how to write code on cave walls? https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/qbasic/qbasic-f1/

Offline RNBW

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2018, 03:03:12 am »
DECLARE SUB and DECLARE FUNCTION are probably just depreciated. They were necessary in QBAsic but were made unnecessary in QB64. They d not get capped in y browser, either.

Pete

DECLARE SUB/FUNCTION do auto-cap in Dav's IDE.

Dav
Any news on an update to your IDE?

Offline Dav

• Forum Resident
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2018, 11:17:28 am »
Thanks for the info everyone.  It just kind of looked odd to me loading some sources and those words didn't cap like other keywords do.  Thought maybe it got overlooked.

Any news on an update to your IDE?

Almost ready to put up an update. I just have to finish incorporating syntax help info to the bottom status bar when editing a command, and adding some stuff to the help.  It's kind of tedious and time consuming because of how it's added in the code.  I sure was hoping to release it Nov 30th (the IDE's birthday), but got too involved in other things that needed done.  Still planning to get it up by the end of the year.

- Dav

Offline Pete

• Forum Resident
  • Cuz I sez so, varmint!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 04, 2018, 12:37:40 pm »
You were supposed to have replied: "Thanks, much depreciated!" Oh well...

Good luck with the update. I'm working on some of that tedious stuff myself in my FireFox Session Manager app right now, so I know the feeling.

Pete :D

Offline Dav

• Forum Resident
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 04, 2018, 03:47:37 pm »

Lol. Yeah well, my word-play skill is awful.  Guess I could say that now, but it would be a re-Pete.  (see, I'm that bad...)

Good luck with your work too.

- Dav

Offline SMcNeill

• QB64 Developer
  • Forum Resident
    • View Profile
    • Steve’s QB64 Archive Forum
« Reply #9 on: December 04, 2018, 08:49:13 pm »

Lol. Yeah well, my word-play skill is awful.  Guess I could say that now, but it would be a re-Pete.  (see, I'm that bad...)

Good luck with your work too.

- Dav

That was so bad, I think it completely Petered out on your audience...
https://github.com/SteveMcNeill/Steve64 — A github collection of all things Steve!

Offline Pete

• Forum Resident
  • Cuz I sez so, varmint!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 04, 2018, 10:58:01 pm »
Oh come on Steve. When it comes to horrible puns, do you really think you can com-Pete with me?!

Pete :D