Author Topic: Inform 1.3 does not work with Zorin 16.1 Pro  (Read 1642 times)

Offline Fifi

• Forum Regular
    • My small QB64 contribution
Inform 1.3 does not work with Zorin 16.1 Pro
« on: March 13, 2022, 01:49:15 am »
Hi Fellippe,

I just bought the professional release 16.1 of Zorin OS 64 bit and of course  immediately installed both QB64 2.0.2 and InForm 1.3 but unfortunately, like with ElementaryOS ofmy previous post, QB64 runs fine but InForm does not work, with the same behavior than with Elementary, then just expecting for a long time the "HandChecking" to be established, then after almost 2 minutes, saying "Inform is not running. Please run the main program" when the main InFormWindows still is displayed.

My last test was made on a baremetal hardware, but I get the similar problem with VMs using VMware Fusion onmy iMac 27.

Please, can you check if you still support InForm?

Kind regards.
Fifi

PS: like Elementary, Zorin is an Unbuntu 20.04 LTS derivative.
It's better to look like an idiot for a short time while asking something obvious to an expert than pretending to be smart all your life. (C) Me.

FellippeHeitor

Re: Inform 1.3 does not work with Zorin 16.1 Pro
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2022, 11:19:10 am »
Thanks for letting me know. I'll try to troubleshoot that.

FellippeHeitor

Re: Inform 1.3 does not work with Zorin 16.1 Pro
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2022, 10:41:57 pm »
Hi, @Fifi

Try the latest dev package (https://github.com/FellippeHeitor/InForm/archive/refs/heads/development.zip) and let me know if that version properly builds/runs in Zorin.

It should also fix the timeout issue across any Linux distributions out there. Turns out I had some order of operations in the initial setup that was prone to cause issues - namely trying to load the font list in between launching the preview component and the handshake.

Anyway, let me know how this latest update performs. All going well, I'll bump the version and make a new release.