Author Topic: InForm  (Read 4137 times)

Offline bplus

• Global Moderator
  • Forum Resident
  • b = b + ...
InForm
« on: July 25, 2017, 12:50:56 pm »
Hi All,

I just downloaded InForm and first of all want to say, Thank You Fellippe!

This looks more a VB style that I have used in 90's than JB's current version.

Are there any know issues using it with Walter's fork of QB64 1.1? (ie should I get a different version QB64?)

There is probably a wealth of stuff at [abandoned, outdated and now likely malicious qb64 dot net website - don’t go there] but could we get a few small samples here for getting started?

I am especially interested in using a texteditor control all the ins & outs, if there is one.

Also watching the Tic Tac Toe demo, I see ways to align controls that I don't remember having in 90's, cool!

Append: I guess there is an issue with the fork, I am getting blank screen running UiEditor.exe and .bas.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2017, 01:07:57 pm by bplus »

FellippeHeitor

Re: InForm
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2017, 01:07:50 pm »
I just downloaded InForm and first of all want to say, Thank You Fellippe!

This looks more a VB style that I have used in 90's than JB's current version.
Glad you like it!

Are there any know issues using it with Walter's fork of QB64 1.1? (ie should I get a different version QB64?)
I haven't tried it, but I believe it'll work just fine. His modified copy was based on an older build (Dec 2016 if I recall correctly), but the new stuff added since then won't affect InForm directly, except maybe for the latest font fixes being investigated recently.

There is probably a wealth of stuff at [abandoned, outdated and now likely malicious qb64 dot net website - don’t go there] but could we get a few small samples here for getting started?
There are a few samples in the project's page at http://www.qb64.org/inform/demos/

As soon as I'm back home tonight I'll see if I upload a few more.

I am especially interested in using a texteditor control all the ins & outs, if there is one.
For now, TextBox controls are limited to a single input line. Multiline input has been in the works for a while but I don't yet have an estimate of when it'll be made available.

Also watching the Tic Tac Toe demo, I see ways to align controls that I don't remember having in 90's, cool!
The videos were recorded before I added "Snap to edges", so when you move your controls around in the editor you'll see an even better way to align controls. Hope you'll like it.

You may want to check the project's wiki: https://github.com/fellippeheitor/inform/wiki
« Last Edit: July 25, 2017, 01:19:05 pm by FellippeHeitor »

Offline bplus

• Global Moderator
  • Forum Resident
  • b = b + ...
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2017, 01:18:58 pm »
Hi again,

I am famous for making stupid mistakes especially getting started with something. I am assuming just run UiEditor.exe or .bas, doing this (with Walter's fork), I am getting black screen, no error message. Do things take awhile to load?

What is UiEditorPreview? Maybe I should watch demo again. BTW I did not notice there were 3. ;)

Append:  OK! It just took awhile to launch.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2017, 01:22:26 pm by bplus »

FellippeHeitor

« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2017, 01:26:09 pm »
You are supposed to unpack everything into QB64's main folder, so that you'll have UiEditor.exe and an InForm subfolder sitting in the same folder as qb64.exe. UiEditorPreview.exe isn't supposed to be run by itself, as it'll be called from UiEditor.exe.

Make sure you tell your AV software that these are safe to run (if you prefer to, you can delete the binaries and recompile UiEditor.bas; then, when you first run it, UiEditorPreview.bas will be compiled automatically).

When run, it'll likely take a few seconds to show the main interface, but you'll at least see "Initializing..." or "Launching...". If you didn't see either, try grabbing the latest build of QB64.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2017, 01:33:04 pm by FellippeHeitor »

Offline bplus

• Global Moderator
  • Forum Resident
  • b = b + ...
« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2017, 01:33:33 pm »
Hi again,

Yes! got it going, it just hung with a black screen for awhile THEN it changes color and announces Launching, then not long after that the tools appear. (My computer suffers a bad case of the s-l-o-w-s now and then, I wonder if it's been hacked.)

A list box might work as texteditor control by numbering lines like a program, how hard is it to keep sorted, add/delete items in list box? Maybe a sample using that?

Thanks!

FellippeHeitor

« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2017, 01:39:35 pm »
A few methods are available:

List and Dropdown list controls' items are stored in the control's Text property, but they must be manipulated by using the following methods, because they also update important internal variables used to display the control:

SUB AddItem

Adds a new item to the end of the list.

Code: QB64: [Select]
  1. AddItem ControlID, "Item"

SUB RemoveItem

Removes the item specified.

1. RemoveItem ControlID, ItemIndexToRemove%

SUB ResetList

Erases all list items.

1. ResetList ControlID

SUB ReplaceItem

Replaces the text of the specified item with the new one provided.

1. ReplaceItem ControlID, ItemIndexToReplace%, "New item"

FUNCTION GetItem

Returns an item's contents.

1. DesiredItem$ = GetItem$(ControlID, ItemIndexToRead%)
https://github.com/FellippeHeitor/InForm/wiki/List-methods
« Last Edit: July 25, 2017, 02:01:17 pm by FellippeHeitor »

Offline bplus

• Global Moderator
  • Forum Resident
  • b = b + ...
« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2017, 01:49:13 pm »
Thanks just what I am needing, Wiki bookmarked!