Author Topic: Problem started with QB64 this morning  (Read 8631 times)

FellippeHeitor

Re: Problem started with QB64 this morning
« Reply #15 on: August 21, 2018, 12:12:24 pm »
I don't use that often either, just read that # sign was optional, maybe not even allowed? anymore.

The documentation is wrong on that one. QuickBASIC didn't allow the # sign either.

Offline Dimster

• Forum Resident
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 21, 2018, 01:38:17 pm »
Hi Phil - I'm really new to programming in QB64 (actually programming period). I had a similar experience with QB64  in that some of my programs were not handling the data correctly and, like you, there were no error messages. Eventually I discovered it was in the way the color was being treated. The programs were operating correctly but just weren't being displayed. Because you seem to be having difficulty with only 1/2 your programs, perhaps there is an algorythm which is common to those programs and not the other 1/2.

Offline SMcNeill

• QB64 Developer
  • Forum Resident
    • View Profile
    • Steve’s QB64 Archive Forum
« Reply #17 on: August 21, 2018, 02:08:12 pm »
I'd still try disabling antivirus and firewall and seeing what happens, and then I'd try to "Run as Administrator" to see what happens.  It sounds to me like Windows has changed permission levels with an updated security patch, resulting in some of the EXEs refusing to run now.
https://github.com/SteveMcNeill/Steve64 — A github collection of all things Steve!

Offline Phil_Clark

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 21, 2018, 02:19:16 pm »
I'd still try disabling antivirus and firewall and seeing what happens, and then I'd try to "Run as Administrator" to see what happens.  It sounds to me like Windows has changed permission levels with an updated security patch, resulting in some of the EXEs refusing to run now.

Apologies for not clarifying this but I have done as you suggested, but no change.   "Run as Administrator" makes no difference either.

Offline Phil_Clark

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 22, 2018, 11:49:56 am »
I have no idea what has changed with Windows 10 but this afternoon all of my QB64 programs are running again!   So, no need to sacrifice the six goats that I have tied up outside. ;)

Thank you to everyone for their suggestions.   I just wish I had some inkling of what was happening.

FellippeHeitor

« Reply #20 on: August 22, 2018, 07:45:37 pm »
Good to hear all's solved now, Phil.