Author Topic: Anyone else having trouble with V2.0 not keeping IDE color changes?  (Read 3285 times)

Offline Pete

• Forum Resident
  • Cuz I sez so, varmint!
    • View Profile
I've never had this happen before. I've had to set the IDE colors every time I open a new instance of the V2.0 IDE. For whatever reason, I can't get the changes I make and save to load on the next instance. The changes do take effect while the IDE is open, but get this...

I open an IDE instance called untitled(4) and it is in the default color scheme. I change the color scheme and save it. Now I cut the text and close the IDE. Now I open the IDE and it opens AS CHANGED, so far, so good, and I paste the text back in. Oh, but now I click my desktop shortcut, to open untitled(5) and guess what? It opens up back in that default dark blue background with all the other default options, ignoring all the changes I previously made. Nothing I saved is being applied. Am I somehow missing a new hoop I need to jump through to make these changes on every IDE instance? If so, I can't find it.

Pete
Want to learn how to write code on cave walls? https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/qbasic/qbasic-f1/

FellippeHeitor

Re: Anyone else having trouble with V2.0 not keeping IDE color changes?
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2021, 08:46:30 pm »
Each instance stores its own color settings with v2.0.x.

Offline Pete

• Forum Resident
  • Cuz I sez so, varmint!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2021, 08:49:25 pm »
So how do we make a global setting so all instances open in one saved scheme?

Pete
Want to learn how to write code on cave walls? https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/qbasic/qbasic-f1/

FellippeHeitor

« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2021, 08:53:27 pm »
After you've set an instance's scheme it will be kept. There's no global setting, other than the default one.

It's a feature we introduced a while back in the dev builds, Pete. I understand the frustration with the novelty, but it's just an easy extra step to get used to - you may find it's more helpful to be able to do so, especially since you seem to be taking advantage of multiple instances (more than 5 is surely a lot). 😉

FellippeHeitor

« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2021, 09:34:39 pm »
Now, if you're setting a custom scheme, instead of just choosing one of the existing schemes, you can copy/paste from one instance to another directly in the internal/config.ini file.

Offline Pete

• Forum Resident
  • Cuz I sez so, varmint!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2021, 09:47:13 pm »
Now, if you're setting a custom scheme, instead of just choosing one of the existing schemes, you can copy/paste from one instance to another directly in the internal/config.ini file.

Ha! That's what I've been spending the last 30 minutes doing. Well that and barbecuing hot dogs and tossing salad. It's a good thing I got all that tossing energy out of my system, because I was about to toss V2.0! That dark blue IDE is just too depressing for me. Oh well, now I have my one-dozen instances all custom coded. This new instance "feature" is lost on me, and it's actually more of an annoyance, just one more hoop to jump through, but if others have a use for it, well, I guess I'll just dig in my heels, and suffer through it, somehow... :D

Thanks for the replies,

Pete