Author Topic: QB64 v2.0.2 released! ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️  (Read 17010 times)

Offline johnno56

• Forum Resident
  • Live long and prosper.
Re: QB64 v2.0 released! ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
« Reply #30 on: October 10, 2021, 10:57:51 pm »
Filleppe,

I seriously doubt that a "patch" is going to solve my problem. But thank you for the offer.... unless you had a patch to increase stamina, patience and IQ... or perhaps a neural interface by the next version... Worth a shot, right?
Logic is the beginning of wisdom.

Offline bplus

• Global Moderator
  • Forum Resident
  • b = b + ...
« Reply #31 on: October 11, 2021, 01:47:31 am »
Oh yeah! I connected to Wiki and got a color chart for Screen 0 right from inside QB64 v2.

Offline bplus

• Global Moderator
  • Forum Resident
  • b = b + ...
« Reply #32 on: October 11, 2021, 01:56:45 am »
If anyone needs notes for making v2 come up when you click a .bas file from Windows 10 File Explorer, I will be happy to show my trick.

Always run this for this type file... no longer is shown by Windows but it still changes if old QB64.exe is renamed for a moment until you get the new QB64 in the registry.

BTW could new versions of QB64.exe be named with version number ie QB64V2.exe specially since we have a bump up in numbers?

Offline Bert22306

• Forum Regular
« Reply #33 on: October 11, 2021, 03:05:59 pm »
Wow, that was fast. Let me add my sincere thanks to this team of gurus. Astonishingly better than QuickBasic ever was. You guys rock!

Offline Petr

• Forum Resident
  • The best code is the DNA of the hops.
« Reply #34 on: October 11, 2021, 03:57:50 pm »
@FellippeHeitor

I finally got to it and watched your video about the new version and debugging. Thanks for the detailed explanation (I played it with subtitles, you all already know how bad my English is), it's an amazing new feature. I don't understand how you did it but it's absolutely great. Thank you for this excellent opportunity. I'm sure I'll use it often. It's far better than old QBasic options with TRON and TROFF. Perfect work!

Offline OldMoses

• Seasoned Forum Regular
« Reply #35 on: October 12, 2021, 09:32:17 am »
Glad you enjoyed it, OldMoses! Let me know how the experience with it goes.

I haven't used Debug much yet, but I noticed that 2.0's recursion bug fix broke many of my programs. Most will have to be patched to be compatible.

For my part, I never really understood recursion and just never used it, but I use several functions written by others. Specifically, Petr's "swapcolor" function, and Steve's MBS% function. While I patched "swapcolor" which I use in only one program, I'll have to patch MBS in several applications. I'll look upon it as a learning experience though.

FellippeHeitor

Re: QB64 v2.0.1 released!
« Reply #36 on: October 17, 2021, 01:22:56 am »
QB64 v2.0.1 is now officially available, and you can get it from the official release page on GitHub: https://github.com/QB64Team/qb64/releases/latest

Here is the full changelog: https://www.qb64.org/portal/changelog-for-v2-0/

The patch fixes an issue with the new $Debug feature failing on Windows versions prior to 10.

Notice we're at this point officially dropping support for Windows XP.

You guys may have already read the interview Galleon gave to the Pcopy! magazine, issue 70, way back in 2008, talking about the why behind QB64 (if you haven't here's the archived link to it: https://web.archive.org/web/20080821183950/http://www.basicprogramming.org/pcopy/issue70/#galleoninterview)

Since QB64 was born out of the need to preserve the BASIC language and allow it to run on modern Operating Systems, it makes no sense to keep dedicating extra effort to keep us compatible with an operating system that's not even supported by its maker anymore.

QB64 v1.5 will still run with no issues in Windows XP. Version 2.0.1 and up will continue to run with no issues in Windows Vista and up.

Thank you all for your continued support!

Fellippe.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2021, 01:51:11 am by FellippeHeitor »

FellippeHeitor

Re: QB64 v2.0.1 released! ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
« Reply #37 on: October 17, 2021, 03:15:35 am »
Ah, final note on the XP issue: In Windows XP 32-bit, you will still be able to run v2.0.1 by downloading the separate package available at https://github.com/QB64Team/qb64/releases/tag/v2.0.1, but we won't be offering support for that platform any longer. Consider it "marked as deprecated".

Offline Qwerkey

• Forum Resident
« Reply #38 on: October 17, 2021, 04:55:31 am »
From the changelog I deduce that _BIN$ is not yet added (2.0.2?)?

Offline RhoSigma

• QB64 Developer
  • Forum Resident
« Reply #39 on: October 17, 2021, 05:42:28 am »
From the changelog I deduce that _BIN$ is not yet added (2.0.2?)?

@Qwerkey,
Yes, that's correct, v2.0.1 is a fixed version derived from the latest stable v2.0, hence the newest patches of the v2.1 development chain are not in there, so we keep BIN$() in the library for now, guess that's what you wanna know.
My Projects:   https://qb64forum.alephc.xyz/index.php?topic=809
GuiTools - A graphic UI framework (can do multiple UI forms/windows in one program)
Libraries - ImageProcess, StringBuffers (virt. files), MD5/SHA2-Hash, LZW etc.
Bonus - Blankers, QB64/Notepad++ setup pack

Offline TempodiBasic

• Forum Resident
« Reply #40 on: October 24, 2021, 01:20:38 pm »
Hi QB64 community,
Hi Qb64 Developers Team,
Hi Qb64 coders

My congratulations to Qb64 community to get this new empowered QB64 version!
Now debug has been integrated into IDE!!!
This is fantastic and it makes more professional QB64 as development tool.
It lacks just a bit to be better of original QB45: creating executable library to link, so you can share the product of your private projects  without be forced to share the code of them  (in Qb45 times it was possible creating .OBJ library).

Bad news for who uses external IDE if you debug by using VWatch of Fellippe, you must hope it will be adjourned.
Or in a better way,  you can accept the ASCII aspect of IDE and its features and you can enjoy yourself with all these new gifts to emprove your programming style.
I have little knowledge of professional programming or industrial programming...but the next step seems to have a tool to build a project like wizard of C++/ VB/JavaBuilder.

@QB64 developers team (I use this so I'm sure to not leave out nobody of developers )

████████╗██╗░░██╗░█████╗░███╗░░██╗██╗░░██╗  ██╗░░░██╗░█████╗░██╗░░░██╗
╚══██╔══╝██║░░██║██╔══██╗████╗░██║██║░██╔╝  ╚██╗░██╔╝██╔══██╗██║░░░██║
░░░██║░░░███████║███████║██╔██╗██║█████═╝░  ░╚████╔╝░██║░░██║██║░░░██║
░░░██║░░░██╔══██║██╔══██║██║╚████║██╔═██╗░  ░░╚██╔╝░░██║░░██║██║░░░██║
░░░██║░░░██║░░██║██║░░██║██║░╚███║██║░╚██╗  ░░░██║░░░╚█████╔╝╚██████╔╝
░░░╚═╝░░░╚═╝░░╚═╝╚═╝░░╚═╝╚═╝░░╚══╝╚═╝░░╚═╝  ░░░╚═╝░░░░╚════╝░░╚═════╝░

░█████╗░███╗░░██╗░██████╗░███████╗██╗░░░░░░██████╗
██╔══██╗████╗░██║██╔════╝░██╔════╝██║░░░░░██╔════╝
███████║██╔██╗██║██║░░██╗░█████╗░░██║░░░░░╚█████╗░
██╔══██║██║╚████║██║░░╚██╗██╔══╝░░██║░░░░░░╚═══██╗
██║░░██║██║░╚███║╚██████╔╝███████╗███████╗██████╔╝
╚═╝░░╚═╝╚═╝░░╚══╝░╚═════╝░╚══════╝╚══════╝╚═════╝░

░█████╗░███████╗  ░██████╗░██████╗░░█████╗░░░██╗██╗
██╔══██╗██╔════╝  ██╔═══██╗██╔══██╗██╔═══╝░░██╔╝██║
██║░░██║█████╗░░  ██║██╗██║██████╦╝██████╗░██╔╝░██║
██║░░██║██╔══╝░░  ╚██████╔╝██╔══██╗██╔══██╗███████║
╚█████╔╝██║░░░░░  ░╚═██╔═╝░██████╦╝╚█████╔╝╚════██║
░╚════╝░╚═╝░░░░░  ░░░╚═╝░░░╚═════╝░░╚════╝░░░░░░╚═╝

Programming isn't difficult, only it's  consuming time and coffee

Marked as best answer by on April 15, 2024, 02:35:11 pm

Offline TempodiBasic

• Forum Resident
« Reply #41 on: October 24, 2021, 01:25:30 pm »
PS
Please help me!
1. In dark mode color of browser,  is there  no possible to use settings of color for text of posts?

2. QB64 2.0.1 is about WindowsXP issue, isn't it? I have already downloaded it!

Offline Petr

• Forum Resident
  • The best code is the DNA of the hops.
« Reply #42 on: October 24, 2021, 01:39:52 pm »
Hi from version 2.0 is XP not supported. I think, Fellippe says this in video.

FellippeHeitor

Re: QB64 v2.0.1 released!
« Reply #43 on: October 24, 2021, 09:55:34 pm »
2.0.1 is the last version of QB64 to be officially released for Windows XP. One will still be able to download the GitHub repository and build it themselves on XP, but we won't offer support on that platform any longer.

With vWatch now integrated in the IDE, I won't be developing the stand-alone version any longer either.

Offline TempodiBasic

• Forum Resident
« Reply #44 on: October 25, 2021, 12:16:05 pm »
Hi
thanks for answering
2.0.1 is the last version of QB64 to be officially released for Windows XP. One will still be able to download the GitHub repository and build it themselves on XP, but we won't offer support on that platform any longer.

With vWatch now integrated in the IDE, I won't be developing the stand-alone version any longer either.
1. so I must understand that 2.0.1 is not related to XP compatibility, but it is the last version that brings compatibility/support versus that OS.

2. I think it is natural that a separated support of an indipendent vwatch is a doubled unuseful work to do, now that debugger is into QB64 IDE.
But an explicit affirmation of the author have made clearer this point.

I think that with 2.0.1 there are few situations that let not to do a good program for Halloween Competition....
Good Luck