Author Topic: Modify Post Permissions  (Read 5697 times)

Offline Pete

• Forum Resident
  • Cuz I sez so, varmint!
    • View Profile
Re: Modify Post Permissions
« Reply #15 on: October 01, 2021, 07:02:17 pm »
Kidding aside, many thanks, Fell. For this, and for all the stuff that goes on behind the scenes to admin a forum. Sometimes not getting noticed is the highest "forum" of flattery.

Also, one question: Are there any time limits and/or differences on time limits to edit posts between boards, or is it now just set at edit any post at anytime on all boards?

Pete
Want to learn how to write code on cave walls? https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/qbasic/qbasic-f1/

FellippeHeitor

« Reply #16 on: October 01, 2021, 07:04:43 pm »
The feature has been abused by crazy people with mental issues before, by bplus who keeps editing posts even after replies, by DANILIN screwing old dead posts.

It’s back to living hell now as is. Hope you all fall victim to people being able to do it.

Offline SMcNeill

• QB64 Developer
  • Forum Resident
    • View Profile
    • Steve’s QB64 Archive Forum
« Reply #17 on: October 01, 2021, 07:07:21 pm »
It’s back to living hell now as is. Hope you all fall victim to people being able to do it.

Since I never noticed I was living in hell before, I doubt I’ll have issues with it now.
https://github.com/SteveMcNeill/Steve64 — A github collection of all things Steve!

Offline Pete

• Forum Resident
  • Cuz I sez so, varmint!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 01, 2021, 07:40:30 pm »
I didn't know you possibly felt "victimized." I mean crazy people do what crazy people do, and most sane people just ignore or admins end up removing them from the boards. As for the other things you mentioned, sure, I've been bit by commenting to a post and then the OP edits it. At times this made my comments appear incorrect or irrelevant. My solution,at first, was to just edit my own post. Going forward, I decided to just quote the OP. In other words, I think we have plenty of tools at our disposal to protect ourselves with editing capabilities not being so limited; and while the best solution may be somewhere in the middle, with longer time limits, I'm not familiar with just how versatile the SMH admin panel is. As for the "living hell" part. Sorry, like Steve, I never saw it as a living hell around here in regard to the way editing was originally setup. More so, it became annoying dealing with the 5-minute limit, and posting was never annoying before that change took place.  I mean coming from the old QBasic Forum Network54 fireworks shows of 20 some years ago, I'd say it's pretty okay over here, hell-wise.

Again, thank you for returning the extended editing capabilities. I hope there comes a time when you feel happy you helped us have this feature.

Pete
Want to learn how to write code on cave walls? https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/qbasic/qbasic-f1/

Offline Cobalt

• QB64 Developer
  • Forum Resident
  • At 60 I become highly radioactive!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 01, 2021, 08:13:30 pm »
Whatever. Whining bunch.

"Ouch..." 😭

The feature has been abused by crazy people with mental issues before, by bplus who keeps editing posts even after replies, by DANILIN screwing old dead posts.

Dang dude....  I mean... Dang! 😨
Granted after becoming radioactive I only have a half-life!

FellippeHeitor

« Reply #20 on: October 01, 2021, 08:16:23 pm »
See, I never said that.

Offline Pete

• Forum Resident
  • Cuz I sez so, varmint!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 01, 2021, 09:05:43 pm »
"Ouch..." 😭

Dang dude....  I mean... Dang! 😨

Really? My favorite edit from the history list was this one...

Whatever. Say “WOOOOOOHOOOOOOO” if you’re a bitch.

So like was stated, that view edited post link is all we need, especially if we are the least bit interested in the history of the post. I wish we had that back in the N54 era.

Now if you will excuse me, I have to go put on my heels and make a living. WOOOOOOHOOOOOOO!

Pete

FellippeHeitor

« Reply #22 on: October 01, 2021, 09:18:19 pm »
Points made then. Show groans on.