Author Topic: Battlefield Minesweeper  (Read 4597 times)

Offline DeltaOscarSierra

• View Profile
    • Castor Studios
Battlefield Minesweeper
« on: September 30, 2021, 11:01:48 pm »
Bored with the original minesweeper game? Building off of the classic minesweeper appeal, enjoy a more exciting version with thundering explosions that will rock your screen!

If you're up to the challenge then take it to the next level in "Battlefield Mode". A column of military vehicles needs to cross the battlefield and time is of the essence. If they hit an unmarked mine then it's game over (for you at least). Guaranteed to turn a relaxed game into a stressful but rewarding endeavor.

Set in a military theme environment, enjoy countless hours playing this classic game!

https://castorstudios.itch.io/battlefield-minesweeper

Screen3.jpg
* Battlefield Minesweeper Setup.exe (Filesize: 2.57 MB, Downloads: 170)
* Battlefield Minesweeper v3.0 Source Code.zip (Filesize: 164.81 KB, Downloads: 164)
« Last Edit: October 01, 2021, 11:13:09 am by DeltaOscarSierra »

Offline bplus

• Global Moderator
  • Forum Resident
  • b = b + ...
    • View Profile
Re: Battlefield Minesweeper
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2021, 11:14:08 pm »
« Last Edit: September 30, 2021, 11:23:13 pm by bplus »

Offline DeltaOscarSierra

• View Profile
    • Castor Studios
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2021, 11:23:13 pm »
Yes this is made with QB64.

I started this project in mid August and had a blast coding it in basic!

Offline Pete

• Forum Resident
  • Cuz I sez so, varmint!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2021, 11:23:56 pm »
Welcome, and since you are new here, I feel I should mention the Programs sub-forum is primarily for posting QB64 projects as source code. As hobbyists, it gives the members here a chance to see how the game, in this case, was put together. I completely understand if you have any apprehension about posting the source of a finished project showcased on your website, but if not, we'd love to see it posted. The screenshot looks cool, and the marketing was a fun read.

Pete
Want to learn how to write code on cave walls? https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/qbasic/qbasic-f1/

Offline bplus

• Global Moderator
  • Forum Resident
  • b = b + ...
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2021, 11:29:51 pm »
Also source can be compiled for Linux or other OS users, if it really were QB64 that is.

Offline DeltaOscarSierra

• View Profile
    • Castor Studios
« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2021, 11:09:21 am »
I just added the source code to the main post, enjoy!

If anyone could compile for macOS and Linux I would greatly appreciate it.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2021, 11:15:08 am by DeltaOscarSierra »

Offline bplus

• Global Moderator
  • Forum Resident
  • b = b + ...
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2021, 11:29:46 am »
OK Thanks for source code, couldn't find "qb64" in your .exe so I didn't want to test it further.

I wondered how you were doing your font from screen shot, you draw your own for the cells, nice!

You might be interested in my variation of Free Cell (Minesweeper)
Hexagonal with exploding fields
https://www.qb64.org/forum/index.php?topic=2606.msg118259#msg118259

Offline Pete

• Forum Resident
  • Cuz I sez so, varmint!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 01, 2021, 12:20:27 pm »
I just added the source code to the main post, enjoy!

If anyone could compile for macOS and Linux I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks for including the source code. I just did a download.

In regard to your request for a Mac and Linux compiled exe, especially if you don't get a reply soon, you may want to make a new thread, with a link back to this post, in the QB64 Discussion Forum. We have Mac and Linux users who would probably see it there, and who would post the exe files in this or the new thread. I'd compile it for you, but I only have Windows systems.

Pete
Want to learn how to write code on cave walls? https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/qbasic/qbasic-f1/

Offline SMcNeill

• QB64 Developer
  • Forum Resident
    • View Profile
    • Steve’s QB64 Archive Forum
« Reply #8 on: October 01, 2021, 01:21:59 pm »
From my experience, there’s no need for a Linux compiled executable.  Even if you make one, it’s only good for that one particular version of Linux.  Linux isn’t a single set system like Windows; it’s a group of independent subsystems that you customize to your personal likes and requirements.   You’ve got Red Hat and Debian based packages.  Theres KDE and Gnome and MATE…. There’s pacman based distros like Archlinux, and portage based versions like Chromian OS…

Each one of these is basically a completely different system (and there’s dozens more of them out there!), so in my experience, it’s generally best to just include the source and then let the end user compile for themselves. 

If they aren’t technically savvy enough to do that, then they shouldn’t be using Linux to begin with.  :P
https://github.com/SteveMcNeill/Steve64 — A github collection of all things Steve!

Offline Pete

• Forum Resident
  • Cuz I sez so, varmint!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 01, 2021, 01:29:39 pm »

If they aren’t technically savvy enough to do that, then they shouldn’t be using Linux to begin with.  :P

Amen to that. I punted on Linux years ago, because it's like having two hobbies, QB and Linux. Honestly, they blew it by not having just a flagship make for all users, a lot more Windows like, no "mounting" and a better SHELL library system. In other words, why not have  the best of both worlds?

Thanks for the info. I did not know that different Linux distros would not run a QB64 app compiled on a different distro.

Pete

Offline SMcNeill

• QB64 Developer
  • Forum Resident
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 01, 2021, 01:50:58 pm »
Thanks for the info. I did not know that different Linux distros would not run a QB64 app compiled on a different distro.

Keep in mind, my experience with Linux is limited, by from what little I’ve tried to do over the years, it’s not just distro vs distro incompatibility; it can also be version vs version incompatible.  I had some stuff compiled for Mint 10.0 or so… worked fine.  Wanted to just transfer it over to Mint 13.something… wouldn’t work.  I had to recompile from source.

Now, what the heck was different?  I’ll be damned if I know!!  Was one missing some dependency the other needed?  I dunno!  I just know, at the end of the day, I couldn’t just plug-and-play the executable from one to the other.

I’m one of those who apparently just aren’t technically savvy enough to properly use Linux.  I imagine some expert will pop up and say, “If you just follow these 57 steps, then you won’t actually have that problem…”

That’s too much work for me.  I like Windows version.  Just copy and paste and be done with it.  My win compiled EXE works on all windows machines!  (With the same architecture as ARM is defferent than x86, of course,… And the same OS as you can’t use 64-bit EXEs on a 32-bit OS… and…)

Crap.  They’re all very limited on how interchangeable they are, once you actually think about it a bit, regardless of OS…
https://github.com/SteveMcNeill/Steve64 — A github collection of all things Steve!

Offline bplus

• Global Moderator
  • Forum Resident
  • b = b + ...
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 01, 2021, 01:51:35 pm »
OK Thanks for source code, couldn't find "qb64" in your .exe so I didn't want to test it further (at first, now with source it's great!).

I wondered how you were doing your font from screen shot, you draw your own for the cells, nice!

You might be interested in my variation of Free Cell (Minesweeper)
Hexagonal with exploding fields
https://www.qb64.org/forum/index.php?topic=2606.msg118259#msg118259

Damn it the modify button is gone again!

This sucks!

Offline SMcNeill

• QB64 Developer
  • Forum Resident
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 01, 2021, 02:01:25 pm »
Damn it the modify button is gone again!

This sucks!

I didn’t figure it’d stay for long.  It’s too useful to be allowed.  :P

Offline Pete

• Forum Resident
  • Cuz I sez so, varmint!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 01, 2021, 02:13:05 pm »
Funny, I was just going to post today, it's back! I already used it once or twice yesterday. I wonder if it was "reset" when the forum crashed a couple of days ago? Frankly, I can't see what minimal "abuse" could outweigh the frequent benefits of keeping the modify post feature, especially since users can see the prior posts by clicking a link.

Edited: Apologies, I just realized this is the Programs Section, not QB Discussion. I forget to check when I click the recent post links. I'll put any further discussion about editing posts in that forum, if needed, but I was able to modify this post, because of the 15-minute rule. I'll check back in 5, and see if the button is gone or not.

Pete

Offline bplus

• Global Moderator
  • Forum Resident
  • b = b + ...
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 01, 2021, 03:33:31 pm »
The thing is the Modify button was up when I started editing a post to make clear I didn't want to test an exe unless I found a "qb64.org" or "qb64.exe" in a Notepad search.

I was very happy when OP posted Source, then I didn't have to worry about the .exe

I had seen what I posted might be misleading and was trying to correct that, and the Modify button was up when I started but when I went to save the edit, it turned into a quote in another reply. That's just a little annoying, like dangling a carrot and stick.