Author Topic: Russian language in QB64  (Read 5621 times)

This topic contains a post which is marked as Best Answer. Press here if you would like to see it.

Offline kservice

• View Profile
Russian language in QB64
« on: September 22, 2021, 02:04:14 pm »
Hello everyone!
      Installed QB64 on Win8.1 64bit. The problem lies in the fact that when using the Russian language on the screen I get inadequate characters similarly occurs when opening previously written programs with comments in Russian.
      Attempt to use Options / Language does not give a positive result. And that strange, when using any of the encodings, the characters on the screen remains the same. Advise me what you can do?

Offline Pete

• Forum Resident
  • Cuz I sez so, varmint!
    • View Profile
Re: Russian language in QB64
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2021, 05:54:45 pm »
Give us back Steven Seagal, and we'll talk!

My guess would be...

1) Open the Q64 IDE
2) Click the "Options" tab.
3) In the menu that opens, lick the "Language" tab.
4) In the menu that opens,scroll down and highlight: MICSOFT_WINDOWS_CP1251
5) Click OK.

According to the QB64 Wiki: http://www.qb64.org/wiki/Code_Pages

CP1251 is stated as the unicode used for Russian.

I hope that helps, but I'm sure if it doesn't, someone else will be along shortly with a better answer. I've never used the language option, so I can't be sure my approach is the correct one.

Welcome to the forum,

Pete
Want to learn how to write code on cave walls? https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/qbasic/qbasic-f1/

Offline kservice

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2021, 11:36:00 pm »
 Attempt to use Options / Language does not give a positive result. And that strange, when using any of the encodings, the characters.
Including Win 1251

Marked as best answer by kservice on September 23, 2021, 08:58:31 am

FellippeHeitor

« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2021, 11:38:11 pm »
Changing the encoding options in Options->Language will only produce any results if you also set a unicode monospace font in Options->Display. With the native emulated VGA font you won't see any difference.

Offline kservice

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2021, 12:46:04 pm »
Thank you, it turned out. At first, the encoding was CP1251 and this "miracle" was obtained.
  [ You are not allowed to view this attachment ]   Changed the encoding on the CP866 and the real miracle happened. Thanks again. The program likes, and with the fonts there was a problem.
 [ You are not allowed to view this attachment ]  

Offline kservice

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2021, 01:34:12 pm »
Joy is overshadowed. It turns out that in CP866, the Russian encoding works incorrectly. Therefore, new comments in Russian in the program can not be done. But those comments that were made in Russian still in QB45 are displayed correctly. (This can be seen in the previous screen).
That's how Russian letters look like  йцукенгшщзхъфывапролджэячсмитьбю
  [ You are not allowed to view this attachment ]  
Maybe something else will you advise?

Offline kservice

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2021, 02:24:37 pm »
Can I somehow (for example, changing the IDE_Global.bas file) add Koi8-R encoding?
Maybe it will bring the desired result.

Offline SMcNeill

• QB64 Developer
  • Forum Resident
    • View Profile
    • Steve’s QB64 Archive Forum
« Reply #7 on: September 23, 2021, 02:39:26 pm »
My advice would be to code in an IDE that supports Russian and then just compile with QB64 from the command line.
https://github.com/SteveMcNeill/Steve64 — A github collection of all things Steve!

Offline kservice

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 23, 2021, 04:42:07 pm »
Well, and what, for example, IDE for QB64 with the support of Russian you advise?

Offline jack

• Seasoned Forum Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 23, 2021, 05:16:53 pm »

Offline Pete

• Forum Resident
  • Cuz I sez so, varmint!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 23, 2021, 10:01:55 pm »
Ah, Notepad++. That was what I coded in for a few years, until the IDE got up to speed. Of course in English. If it has good language support, it would be my choice two, especially if I isn't a master at english. Yes Steve, I know.

Pete
Want to learn how to write code on cave walls? https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/qbasic/qbasic-f1/

Offline kservice

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 24, 2021, 09:33:38 am »
I use NotePad ++, but is it IDE? I prefer to use programs that allow and write a program, and immediately check the performance. At least, so I did in QB45. Thank you, take your opinion.
           For other QB64 programming questions, it is better to create a new topic?

Offline kservice

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 24, 2021, 01:20:42 pm »
I did not find such an encoding with a Cyrillic, which would be correctly displayed in QB64 after copying from NotePad ++

Offline kservice

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 26, 2021, 11:09:52 am »
It feels like CP866 and CP1251 encoding in the program are confused by places. In order for the text scored in NotePad ++ in Russian in the CP866 encoding, the IDE is correctly displayed in QB64 IDE in the CP866 encoding, it is necessary to pre-translate into the CP1251 encoding and only after that copy to QB64 IDE.

Offline Pete

• Forum Resident
  • Cuz I sez so, varmint!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 26, 2021, 01:03:59 pm »
I use NotePad ++, but is it IDE? I prefer to use programs that allow and write a program, and immediately check the performance. At least, so I did in QB45. Thank you, take your opinion.
           For other QB64 programming questions, it is better to create a new topic?

Notepad++ is NOT and IDE. It is a text app. As you discovered, you can copy and paste your code from Notepad++ into the QB64 IDE.

For other QB64 programming questions, yes, best to start a new topic in a new thread (post).

Pete