Author Topic: Upcoming feature (v1.5) - _MEMSOUND (Hi, Petr!)  (Read 12992 times)

Offline _vince

• Seasoned Forum Regular
    • View Profile
Re: Upcoming feature (v1.5) - _MEMSOUND (Hi, Petr!)
« Reply #75 on: February 01, 2021, 08:00:06 pm »
I'm glad you managed to get it working. That 'frequency correction' algorithm tends to work well for sharp tall peaks in noise and not so well for more complicated signals. Skimming this thread, it looks like you and static were reinventing the fourier transform, FFT is damn powerful and there's a lot more you can do with it.  I'd like to get on board one day and show more demos of audio DSP.  One day when I find the willpower and update QB64, etc

Offline Petr

• Forum Resident
  • The best code is the DNA of the hops.
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: February 06, 2021, 02:08:41 pm »
Hi @_vince

I apologize for the late reply first. Now it's just that I had to interrupt programming and finish important work at home (is not completed). I would have time for programming today, but - I don't know why - I've had a terrible headache since morning. I don't know why, there's no reason to. Of course, I want to do this, but I repeat that this is something that is currently at the maximum limit of my knowledge. So I cried here :) and now I'm going to do it again. It has to go.

Marked as best answer by on Yesterday at 10:54:35 pm

Offline rcamp48

• View Profile
« Reply #77 on: February 08, 2021, 03:49:54 am »
  • Undo Best Answer
  • I there a way to load _MEMSOUND to play ogg files with 6 channels of sound? I am working on this now.
    Or is stereo the limit?

Russ
    Russ Campbell
    rcamp48@rogers.com
    BBS Files Programmer

FellippeHeitor

« Reply #78 on: February 08, 2021, 05:58:30 am »
    I think the library we use for audio in QB64 is capable of 5.1 output, but it hasn't been incorporated using that ability. I'll let you know if this becomes a thing.

What happens when you load a 6 channel file with _SNDOPEN?

Offline rcamp48

• View Profile
    « Reply #79 on: February 08, 2021, 12:24:30 pm »
    It does not load, mind you the file is saved at 192,00 hz, 6 channels and is the full album, so that may overlaod it, but I have 16 GB of RAM and the latest nightly of QB64.
    Russ Campbell
    rcamp48@rogers.com
    BBS Files Programmer

Offline rcamp48

• View Profile
    « Reply #80 on: February 08, 2021, 12:57:39 pm »
    Some how andsome way I found this program for playing video files, but I get a black screen...the code is short and I can't seem to find the original post for it.

[ You are not allowed to view this attachment ]

I try to play a big video, I believe its John Fogerty in concert from 1977 or around there somewhere.
    Russ Campbell
    rcamp48@rogers.com
    BBS Files Programmer

Offline Dav

• Forum Resident
      • View Profile
    « Reply #81 on: February 08, 2021, 01:51:59 pm »
    That was my code,  I think its in the wiki too. I also updated it a little, but from what ive heard, it only works for some people on some systems.  Works for me in win7 on certain vedios formats, mpg and wmv for example, but not mp4.  I have a 32bit dll I put together to play videos, and I could post that if you want. Id have to dig it up, not sure what disk i put it on.

- Dav

Offline rcamp48

• View Profile
    « Reply #82 on: February 08, 2021, 01:56:32 pm »
    That would be good Dave, do you have the latest version? I am slowly converting avis to mpg files, like some of the disney anime stuff, will post one if its works, and yes can you post that dll for me , I seem to need it, I get a black screen with sound.
    Russ Campbell
    rcamp48@rogers.com
    BBS Files Programmer

Offline Dav

• Forum Resident
      • View Profile
    « Reply #83 on: February 08, 2021, 04:43:35 pm »
    I look for it.  Not on my current laptop, so it's on a backup disk somewhere.

- Dav

Offline rcamp48

• View Profile
    « Reply #84 on: February 08, 2021, 08:13:34 pm »
    One thing I noticed in the current version is that you cannot have any spaces in the filenames for the wmv or mpg files to play, can someone fix this?
    Russ Campbell
    rcamp48@rogers.com
    BBS Files Programmer

Offline Petr

• Forum Resident
    • The best code is the DNA of the hops.
      • View Profile
    « Reply #85 on: February 09, 2021, 04:05:07 pm »
    @rcamp48

Hi. I experiment with that too. Do you have sound when playing video? Using the source code as it is here, my video is about 20x faster. This can be solved by adding CHR $ (0) to some strings - it works better, but still very fast. And without sound. I tried a DivX - AVI file.

Offline rcamp48

• View Profile
    « Reply #86 on: February 10, 2021, 01:19:13 pm »
    Ya no problem , I get sound and video, but I am using VLC for video and Wavepad soon enough for audio with the program I modified.... i belive it is yours...
    Russ Campbell
    rcamp48@rogers.com
    BBS Files Programmer