Author Topic: Is this possible query browser url?  (Read 2550 times)

Offline xra7en

• Seasoned Forum Regular
    • View Profile
Is this possible query browser url?
« on: November 28, 2020, 04:32:16 pm »
I have a id/pw app I made, stores all my id/pw locally so it is not stored on some other system (lastpass, dashlane etc..) Is it possible to query the url of a browser to get the text (url) ?

What I want to do now is monitor what page I am on, and have the app search my db for the correct pw matching that site.

right now all I do is type in a matching website and my id/pw come up :-) it works, but looking for a little more automation.

bonus, how about copy/past to forms in the browser :-)

ambitious I know :P

I just like re-writing old DOS book games into modern QB64 code - weird hobby, I know!

Offline luke

• Administrator
  • Seasoned Forum Regular
    • View Profile
Re: Is this possible query browser url?
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2020, 06:39:04 pm »
You'll need to write a browser extension.

You might like to look at keepass(xc), which stores all data locally and has a browser plugin for autofilling website forms.

Offline xra7en

• Seasoned Forum Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2020, 07:49:03 pm »
You'll need to write a browser extension.

You might like to look at keepass(xc), which stores all data locally and has a browser plugin for autofilling website forms.

I did look at KP, but did not see an import feature. Not to mention it is a little to cluttered for me.
Just need a basic id/pw and name of site.. ability to import. These I all have, just looking for a "monitoring" method - not nessasary, but would be nice - to catch what site I am on, and if it requires a login info.
I just like re-writing old DOS book games into modern QB64 code - weird hobby, I know!

Offline Pete

• Forum Resident
  • Cuz I sez so, varmint!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2020, 09:47:39 pm »
You can make a Mickey Mouse work-around.

1) Shell to the browser using START /MAX, which opens your default browser full screen.
2) Figure out the location of the URL form input near the top of all browsers.
3) Go to the site you want to visit, like QB64.org
4) Use _SCREENCLICK with those coordinates to activate the url form input.
5) Use Ctrl + A with _SCREENPRINT to do a copy all from the activated browser URL form. 
6) Use Ctrl + C with _SCREENPRINT to copy the browser url.
7) compare the clipboard contents with your database. If a match is found, use the _CLIPBOARD keyword to copy your password and then past it in the form. If you really want to go all out, just keep mapping sites, so you can use _SCREENCLICK and _SCREENPRINT to automatically do the entries.

With Windows, you can use the API to make your QB prog persistent. Hide (_SCREENHIDE) it, and have it come back (_SCREENSHOW) as you need it.

I hope this gives you an idea of what can be done, but sorry, it's fun, it will work, but it's just not very direct.

Pete

Pete
Want to learn how to write code on cave walls? https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/qbasic/qbasic-f1/