Author Topic: QBZ Archiver  (Read 3018 times)

Offline SpriggsySpriggs

• Forum Resident
  • Larger than life
    • View Profile
    • GitHub
QBZ Archiver
« on: August 25, 2020, 08:45:50 pm »
This is a program I worked on a long time ago after Dav showed me his source for including pictures in your BAS code. I had forgotten all about it! This program will compress any file to a file type called "qbz" (QBasicZip). This compresses the file using the _DEFLATE$ function built into QB64 v1.4. It automatically will name the file with the (1), (2), etc after the name if the file already exists in the output directory. If you open a qbz file in the program it will go into the mode for unzipping a file. Once you run the program it will unzip it and rename the file with a (1), (2), etc after the name if it already exists. The name for the file is embedded in the qbz archive so it can be used for naming the unzipped file even if the qbz file is renamed in File Explorer. (This program also runs PowerShell scripts so you might have to run this in an elevated PowerShell console:

Set-ExecutionPolicy RemoteSigned

Here are some screenshots from the program:
qbz2.png

qbz3.png

qbz4.png

qbz5.png

Please note:
My source code had lots of $INCLUDE files so I used a Source Merger program to get everything consolidated into one file. There will be probably a bunch of unnecessary functions that will be in there from those files. I lack the willpower to go through it and delete them. For now, here is the source:

« Last Edit: August 25, 2020, 10:04:51 pm by SpriggsySpriggs »
Shuwatch!

FellippeHeitor

Re: QBZ Archiver
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2020, 09:27:54 pm »
Cool! Checking it now.

Offline loudar

• improve it bit by bit.
    • View Profile
Re: QBZ Archiver
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2020, 02:27:45 am »
How did you do the windows menu?