Author Topic: Sigil Wrapper (Source now Included!) [Complete]  (Read 5947 times)

Offline Lefty

• View Profile
Re: Sigil Wrapper [Complete]
« Reply #15 on: August 15, 2019, 06:00:42 pm »
Well Lefty,
guess you will remain the one and only who will ever use this wrapper. You ask for money, think twice, we don't even have something real to test yet. Your codebox above is just pseudo code without providing sigil.bi to us.

And if you don't wanna release your source here, then you should at least create a reasonable demo program and provide the compiled EXE of it together with some more useful info, because nobody will buy the cat in a poke.

Thanks for the feedback. I will think about this.  My idea was only asking for about $5 USD for the source code.

Offline STxAxTIC

• Library Staff
  • Forum Resident
  • he lives
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 15, 2019, 09:46:05 pm »
Lefty is right (no pun).

We all expect way too much free stuff when it comes to digital goods.

However, I think the proposed gatekeeping/paywall needs to be reversed. Release the code first, and then if people feel it's worth donating to the author, then let them do so. I mean hell, we could *all* set up such tip jars. Imagine that, a "Donate" button built into the InForm face somewhere. Self-referential ads are a good idea in my opinion... but for real, don't make us "buy" the code up front - not to mention, such a pirate-friendly model is SO easy to break.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2019, 09:47:35 pm by STxAxTIC »
You're not done when it works, you're done when it's right.

Offline Lefty

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 15, 2019, 10:01:08 pm »
Lefty is right (no pun).

We all expect way too much free stuff when it comes to digital goods.

However, I think the proposed gatekeeping/paywall needs to be reversed. Release the code first, and then if people feel it's worth donating to the author, then let them do so. I mean hell, we could *all* set up such tip jars. Imagine that, a "Donate" button built into the InForm face somewhere. Self-referential ads are a good idea in my opinion... but for real, don't make us "buy" the code up front - not to mention, such a pirate-friendly model is SO easy to break.

You make a very good point. If people like such software/code, then I think they should donate or at least send a few bucks the author's way. I'll release the code in hopes people will like it and maybe in return receive a little profit.