Author Topic: Mess (3D)  (Read 5256 times)

Offline Petr

• Forum Resident
  • The best code is the DNA of the hops.
    • View Profile
Re: Mess (3D)
« Reply #15 on: July 10, 2019, 11:12:57 am »
But someone could do a program like Lotus. I still think about it, but I don't have time, I have a lot of ideas, so for 3 lives...

Offline SierraKen

• Forum Resident
    • View Profile
Re: Mess (3D)
« Reply #16 on: July 10, 2019, 01:05:49 pm »
That room you did awhile back is INCREDIBLE! That's probably 10 steps more than what I know how to do. Lately I've been thinking about an old 90's program someone posted on comp.lang.basic.misc that was a ray-traced 3D maze where you could walk through, although it was never finished. There was no texture of course, just lines. Last night I was thinking of a way I could possibly do something like that using sort of the same 2D maps I've been making except instead of drawing the map, re-create it in 3D as you walk through it in 2D with the variables. I might attempt it sometime. I'm really surprised QB64 can do what you are making. I tried a 3D star field the other day and the most stars that would flow smoothly at one time was only 2. But I know it must have been the way I made it because I do have someone else's QBasic star field that has a large amount of stars at once. I think mine just had too many loops. That's the thing with BASIC languages I think, since it's top to bottom, it can get snagged up on loops. And that might be why you can't hear music as you are walking through your maze, although I have never used the mp3 feature yet.