Author Topic: An Orginial Game Idea - Take the idea if you want.  (Read 574 times)

Offline Real2Two

An Orginial Game Idea - Take the idea if you want.
« on: June 01, 2020, 12:20:17 pm »
When I was outside, I decided to try to avoid all the shadows with my shadow. Then, that got me thinking of a game idea.

Maybe, what if there was a RPG type game but there are shadows you aren't allowed to touch with the characters shadow.

The shadow should always stay in 1 direction no matter where the chracter is facing and if the shadow touches another shadow, you lose. Example: https://imgur.com/2W4tv5k

Also, the shadow should be 2 blocks when the chracter is looking all directions but east. When the character is looking in the east direction, the shadow should be 1 block.

It would be cool if someone takes this idea to make a game.

If you question me about more ideas or what I mean about this game idea, I can explain more about it.

If you wonder why I wouldn't make this, I just don't feel like making a game, even though it is a cool orginial idea that I've never seen any game have.

Offline Cobalt

• QB64 Developer
  • Forum Resident
  • At 60 I become highly radioactive!
Re: An Orginial Game Idea - Take the idea if you want.
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2020, 01:40:08 pm »
not a bad Idea, to hash it out a little more...

A 2d overhead view would of course be easier to code..

I 3d 3rd person perspective would be harder to code but more interesting.

Add a "Sun Light" and a time factor so the shadow rotated around the player to make the need for adaptive play!

Multiple levels where "Evil" shadows get bigger the farther along you get.

Special Items that generate a "light bubble" around the player for a period of time
or
Shrink the players shadow to allow movement in tighter areas!

Well there some ideas, my plate is full at the moment project wise, if somebody else wants to chime in on things perhaps we can make this kind of a community project? at least from an idea\brain storming stand point?
Granted after becoming radioactive I only have a half-life!