Author Topic: Hi everybody  (Read 6502 times)

FellippeHeitor

Re: Hi everybody
« Reply #15 on: October 22, 2017, 08:06:09 pm »
Would you mind trying once again?

Offline bplus

• Global Moderator
  • Forum Resident
  • b = b + ...
« Reply #16 on: October 22, 2017, 08:20:41 pm »
Hi Fellippe,

Did you fix something?

OK cool!

Screen shot is of chess pieces from DRAW strings.

2nd Attachment is what I tried to attach earlier to compare Fellippe's fixed 2 click mouse move with 2 versions of 1 click.
One is without highlighting until mouse up release, the other was an attempt to highlight mouse over squares until the mouse button released (leaving squares all over the board depending on how much you dragged the mouse around) of course these cleared after release of mouse button, but still... not great looking/working.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2017, 08:29:01 pm by bplus »

FellippeHeitor

« Reply #17 on: October 22, 2017, 08:40:51 pm »
I sent odin a private message and he fixed something in there.

Offline bplus

• Global Moderator
  • Forum Resident
  • b = b + ...
« Reply #18 on: October 22, 2017, 09:12:53 pm »
My hat's off to Odin, That was quick! :)

(and to Fellippe too!)

Offline bplus

• Global Moderator
  • Forum Resident
  • b = b + ...
« Reply #19 on: October 22, 2017, 10:54:17 pm »
Ha! TempodiBasic has done a chess joke!

I have put on some music, all set to sit down and try out TempodiBasic's latest version...  play some chess, and I am faced with this!

Well I guess this is going to be a quick game!

Offline Pete

• Forum Resident
  • Cuz I sez so, varmint!
« Reply #20 on: October 23, 2017, 04:12:20 pm »
I find Odin to be no help at all, but then again he's pretty Thor at me.

BRING BACK THE SIMILES!

Well about chess. Here's a blast from the past, year 2005. http://www.network54.com/Forum/190883/message/1135829684/Bug+fixed%2C+corrected+code...

I believe qbguy, Dean, started his wok in 2008. There are some builds from his chess game in that forum, too. Including the one he ported to QB64. I tried once to convert a ship building program of mine to QB64 once, but it was hard to port... Oh well, I'm sure most of you wouldn't appreciate my ship, anyhow.

Pete :D
Want to learn how to write code on cave walls? https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/qbasic/qbasic-f1/

Offline TempodiBasic

• Forum Resident
« Reply #21 on: October 24, 2017, 06:00:51 am »
Hi Pete
thank's to share this other way to create an interface of chess game

It is well suited for run under qb64 and it let play chess two users , one for side :-)

Well If white is in check and tries to castle, it is forbidden, also in the issue White while castling across a square in which it goes in check.

But I find a BUG for Black, in this position that I post as image, Black King in at first its move and so the Rook in A8, moreover there is no check acrossing D8 and C8 but the program doen't let do the move giving back move forbidden!  No castle on Queenside. And also If I try to castle on Kingside it is forbidden!!!
Blush
Your program may be racist if uses different rules for whites and blacks! Big Grin

Be calm Pete, this program is democratic because also trying to castle on Queenside for White (in this position it is possible) is forbidden!

There is a bad use of some flag! It maybe.

Hey but promotion is automated to Queen! Huh It is right only 99% of times, do you agree?

In sum
Thank's again
to show another way to code chessoboard and moving piece by two click by mouse. The rules of pieces is well coded and IMHO  must be improved about castle, promotion.
Programming isn't difficult, only it's  consuming time and coffee

Offline TempodiBasic

• Forum Resident
« Reply #22 on: October 24, 2017, 06:13:12 am »
Hi Bplus

this is the second joke
the first came with Initboard to  use for promotion testing... it is include in the  2.3.3 alpha version with my bad clicking not so  bad.
If you pay attention there is a pawn in F7 and the turn is to white! LOL

I think we must try also the C way, highlight the destination squares  that are legal of the selected piece.
If I can find a piece of time I'll post this C way, because the idea is already set, but it must be translated in Good Code!!!

See later QB64 ChessCoders

Offline bplus

• Global Moderator
  • Forum Resident
  • b = b + ...
« Reply #23 on: October 24, 2017, 06:44:39 am »
Hi Chess coders!

I have new look for mouse input game. Now no outside files are needed!

Anyone know where the tiny black dots are coming from?

Hi TempodiBasic,

I think it would simplify things with Chess promotion to just make the Pawn a Queen.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2017, 06:54:10 am by bplus »

Offline TempodiBasic

• Forum Resident
« Reply #24 on: October 24, 2017, 09:24:26 am »
Hi Bplus
if you and other friends have decided to use a different interface I think this is indipendent from the rest of the chess.bas, so every news that I make, you can try and add also at this new model of graphic interface, the AI behind is the same of CHESS.BAS of package of QB64.
Surely the promotion method must be adapted to new graphic style!

Well while I can take time to see this new evolution of graphic interface and new indipendence from external files here I post image about next enhancement. showing legal moves of piece selected.  This feature can be used both in regular routine to select and move a piece both in a special option activated for TUTOR.
Here is file.bas attached.
Please play some games with this news to debug Show Legal Moves.

Thank's to work together

Offline bplus

• Global Moderator
  • Forum Resident
  • b = b + ...
« Reply #25 on: October 24, 2017, 01:23:59 pm »
TempodiBasic
Surely the promotion method must be adapted to new graphic style!

;-))  I knew you would say something like this!

Your method used in previous versions needs to be separated from Screen Input sub, a separate sub that may call ScreenInput if Ctrl+K pressed, then prompt N = Knight, R = Rook, ... I am trying to incorporate all your other changes great and small in my updates because they are usually great!

Man! you have SHOWING ALL legal moves going?!?!!! can't wait to test!  8-)

« Last Edit: October 24, 2017, 02:42:43 pm by bplus »

Offline bplus

• Global Moderator
  • Forum Resident
  • b = b + ...
« Reply #26 on: October 25, 2017, 03:40:51 am »
Legal Moves nice and easy to add to new look.

I got pawn promotion worked out along with pieces captured tally, that took some work.

Yes, and the game recorder has been added now too!

For more screen shots:
http://www.thejoyfulprogrammer.com/qb64/forum/showthread.php?tid=1056&pid=4783&rndtime=15089168411347312526#pid4783

Or follow us here:
http://qb64.freeforums.net/thread/81/chess-update
« Last Edit: October 25, 2017, 12:32:17 pm by bplus »