Author Topic: Hi everybody  (Read 6501 times)

Offline TempodiBasic

• Forum Resident
Hi everybody
« on: July 26, 2017, 04:54:16 am »
Hi everybody

fine to see that it is possible to talk and to share about QB64 out of the original website,
waiting the [abandoned, outdated and now likely malicious qb64 dot net website - don’t go there] coming back I'm glad to say hello to all you

Good Coding
TempodiBasic
Programming isn't difficult, only it's  consuming time and coffee

Offline Petr

• Forum Resident
  • The best code is the DNA of the hops.
Re: Hi everybody
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2017, 09:54:42 am »
Hi TempodiBasic, I am glad to see you again after a long time!

Offline Ashish

• Forum Resident
  • Never Give Up!
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2017, 06:10:38 am »
Hi! Welcome Back!
if (Me.success) {Me.improve()} else {Me.tryAgain()}

My Projects - https://github.com/AshishKingdom?tab=repositories
OpenGL tutorials - https://ashishkingdom.github.io/OpenGL-Tutorials

Offline bplus

• Global Moderator
  • Forum Resident
  • b = b + ...
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2017, 08:00:17 am »
Hi TempodiBasic,

May I ask how you started with Basic?

Offline bplus

• Global Moderator
  • Forum Resident
  • b = b + ...
« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2017, 12:23:39 pm »
Oh, now maybe I get my question answered. :)

@ TempodBasic, what was reason you didn't like Fellippes fix to mouse click method to get player's move?

I mean it still works better than anything we've come up with. See how each square is cleared when doing mouse overs after first click.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2017, 12:42:11 pm by bplus »

FellippeHeitor

« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2017, 12:39:35 pm »
:D

Offline bplus

• Global Moderator
  • Forum Resident
  • b = b + ...
« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2017, 02:24:16 pm »
Well I will try again to post 2_2-2 for comparison

Blah!  " message exceeds the maximum allowed length 20000 characters "

Offline bplus

• Global Moderator
  • Forum Resident
  • b = b + ...

Offline TempodiBasic

• Forum Resident
« Reply #8 on: October 21, 2017, 03:12:55 pm »
Hi TempodiBasic,

May I ask how you started with Basic?

Hi Bplus

as you see I have so much time, so I can log in so many forum.... If you can believe this....
However  I discover BASIC in DOS with Qbasic....
I went on when talking with friends that were learning programming as their path of school formation I took a challange....
they affirmed that BASIC was KO an unuseful old tool, taking these ideas by their school information and programming is very hard...while I said that tool is less important of idea and if each LanguageProgramming is a tool that brings to binary file then each LP can be used to translate that idea in binaryfile with the difference of less or more efforts...
And after two week I brought them my first program, a Qbasic program....and  they said Oh this is not BASIC, Where are the number  of lines of code?  What libraries do you use to make graphic?  External?  But this seems a dialect of C!   LOL

So I have told about me :-)

Offline TempodiBasic

• Forum Resident
« Reply #9 on: October 21, 2017, 03:35:18 pm »
Oh, now maybe I get my question answered. :)

Yes you're right!

@ TempodBasic, what was reason you didn't like Fellippes fix to mouse click method to get player's move?

I mean it still works better than anything we've come up with. See how each square is cleared when doing mouse overs after first click.

No really do I let understand this from my posts?
I must follow a communication course ! :-(

About choose a piece and move it  I am still in alpha phase ... that of brainstorming.... so  I'm trying different way to implement mouse moving a piece....
about the two click method I have already affirmed that the code of Fellippe is better!  So in the following versions (all in alpha for me) I bring again my code only to find /fix error in it....while the news are build as an indipendent code to add to each previouse versions posted,  but for final version I have already said what is the best code to use! Sure not mine.
I don't think to be better than you to code, but when I mod some your code I do it for developing an idea about all we can talk to choose  an official version that can be developed and if it is so good it can be packed in the programs that travel together QB64 as examples...

I dislike very much codes that are in the package of QB64 not working...  is all that code  there to demonstrate how QB64 can run QB code or to demonstrate how professional programs can be coded in QB64?

Offline bplus

• Global Moderator
  • Forum Resident
  • b = b + ...
« Reply #10 on: October 21, 2017, 04:49:03 pm »
Hi TempodiBasic,

Re Basic experience:
Ha, people still think Basic is line numbers and spaghetti code! bad rep... how long ago was this?

Me, I started with GW Basic. When I turned off my "Windows like Interface" on my 1st computer and ran straight from DOS with the help of a File Explorer like program, I discovered GW. Moved onto Quick Basic 4.5 (I think, I had to pay for it before MS added it to DOS for free but I got a compiler plus...) Then VB 2.0 then VB for MS DOS which was my favorite because Windows still quite slow with graphics back in early 90's, I was doing stuff for where I worked for a couple of years. Then big gap until 2014 when I got a hankering for some programming again.

Re: Mouse click methods
OK we are agreed to use Fellippe's method for mouse move? but it was great learning experience trying other methods.

And we can start adapting new changes around this,

but wait...
Oh, now I see what you might be after.

We need to go outside the board to select pieces for things like pawn promotion and maybe setting up positions for mid game study and such... aha! That is where/when that separate sub you were setting up would come into play! and yes, use it with the main thing for getting moves of chess pieces in game.

Re:All those broken samples in QB64 package...
Doesn't it make you want to use (and learn) QB64 to fix those up? better than ever!

« Last Edit: October 21, 2017, 05:01:36 pm by bplus »

Offline TempodiBasic

• Forum Resident
« Reply #11 on: October 22, 2017, 05:59:52 pm »
Yes Bplus
let's go on to make a professional program of chess starting from chess.bas

here attached the version of Fellippe (two click method with two different color to select pieces) powered with
1.castle by mouse,
2.promote by mouse, 
3. empowered rules of castle Kingside and Queenside,
4. fixed bug of Incheck for Black, or I hope so
5. fixed output lag after promotion in Fellippe's version.... here if you promote (as white) then you cannot see the promoted piece both using Keyinput both using mouse input because the program doesn't display the new... but a good _AUTODISPLAY at the right place put all  at right place.

For now that's all, folks

PS why does the author use so many GOTO and GOSUB and labels ???
It is a really spaghetti code rich of GOTO!!!
.....this AI doesn't recognize if King is under check in the actual position, it waits for White move first (BUG), if you take King of Black the AI continue to make calculation.... LOL We have many things to do

Offline bplus

• Global Moderator
  • Forum Resident
  • b = b + ...
« Reply #12 on: October 22, 2017, 07:44:01 pm »
Hi TempodiBasic,

I have been researching origins of this code we are trying to improve, mostly from Chess Programs Board at TJP.
http://www.thejoyfulprogrammer.com/qb64/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=374&rndtime=1508611534653852581

reply #48
http://www.thejoyfulprogrammer.com/qb64/forum/showthread.php?tid=63&page=5&rndtime=1508650499163919983

follow the link
http://www.petesqbsite.com/sections/express/issue23/Tut_QB_Chess.txt

My guess someone had it written in spaghetti and translated it to QBasic. Was Dean the translator and / or the original source ???

I also think because of the temporary nature (I hope the Net is down temporarily) we should continue discussion with screen shots and attachments at TJP.

BTW, (Since NET is down) I found OlDosLover changes at
http://www.teutoburgo.tk/misc/downloadFrame.html
that has code to replay a game. From my first experience it seems flawed. But nice tiny little chess piece graphics!
But OlDosLover's game recorder looks easy to install into what we've been doing.

Speaking of Chess piece graphics, I was very impressed here:
http://www.thejoyfulprogrammer.com/qb64/forum/showthread.php?tid=401&rndtime=1508625987687357559
Code: QB64: [Select]
  1. 'DEFINE PIECES FOR DRAWING
  2. ROOK$ = "R26U5H2L5U7E3R4U10L6D3L4U3L6D3L4U3L6D10R4F3D7L5G2D5"
  3. KNIGHT$ = "R26U5H2U4E2U9H6L9G10D4F2R4E3R4G8L4G2D5"
  4. BISHOP$ = "R26U5H2L8E6U9H2G8H2E8H2L6G6D9F6L8G2D5"
  5. QUEEN$ = "R26U5H2L6E9U11G4H6G4H4G6H4D11F9L6G2D5"
  6. KING$ = "R26U5H2L5E7U6H4L5G3U5R2U2L2U2L2D2L2D2R2D5H3L5G4D6F7L5G2D5"
  7. PAWN$ = "R26U5H2L6U7E3U6H3L10G3D6F3D7L6G2D5"
Just plain old DRAW strings!!! And yet each piece is easy to ID for what it is.

I have also found a different Chess program in SmallBASIC samples files that works with mouse but draw strings need work.
It might be fun to translate back to QB64. I have never seen a sub written inside a Function nor SmallBASIC's use of square brackets, maybe for User Type Arrays without need for complementary User Type Definitions.

Do the 16 QB colors work in Screen 0?

« Last Edit: October 22, 2017, 08:17:35 pm by bplus »

FellippeHeitor

« Reply #13 on: October 22, 2017, 07:51:32 pm »
You can do screenshots here if you want. Just attach them (as you can see below - click to see it larger).

Offline bplus

• Global Moderator
  • Forum Resident
  • b = b + ...
« Reply #14 on: October 22, 2017, 08:00:46 pm »
Hi Fellippe,

There seems to be a limit to attachments that I ran into earlier today. Let's see if a png OK.

Yep! tried less than 800 x 600 png, Same error:

"The upload folder is full. Please try a smaller file and/or contact an administrator.