Author Topic: QB64 Sound Libraries  (Read 2529 times)

Offline davidshq

QB64 Sound Libraries
« on: February 25, 2018, 04:12:21 pm »
Hi Folks,

I've posted over the years at [abandoned, outdated and now likely malicious qb64 dot net website - don’t go there] about my need for either
(1) a different component being used for sound that doesn't require LGPL or
(2) a guide / tutorial on how to setup my application to dynamically link to the library as a external file so that I don't have to disclose the source code per LGPL

Looking at the LICENSE\COPYING.TXT file I see that the LGPL is still required due to use of mpglibdll and OpenAL.

Question: is mpglibdll still actually used? I browsed repo but didn't see it.

Proposal: I'll pay $100 (USD) to anyone who will
(1) Replace the OpenAL and mpglibdll components in QB64 with a more permissive license that allows for commercial use and does not require source code use.
(2) Add functionality to QB64 that allows one to easily decide to generate the executable using dynamically linked libraries.

If you can help with my question and/or are interested in the proposal, please let me know. :) If you have a counter-proposal (e.g. different method or different price) please let me know. I'm not made of money, but this is something I've wanted to see for years and years!

Dave

Offline davidshq

Re: QB64 Sound Libraries
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2018, 04:25:57 pm »
P.S. For what it is worth, here are a few libraries I think might be able to replace those currently utilized which offer permissive licenses: