Author Topic: An InForm review of sorts..........  (Read 3199 times)

Offline caroper

An InForm review of sorts..........
« on: January 12, 2020, 04:45:50 pm »
Rather than cross post my review of InForm on both Forums here is a link to my introductory thread for QB64/InForm in the GCBASIC Microcontroller programming Forum.

https://sourceforge.net/p/gcbasic/discussion/projects%26guides/thread/9d00f65816/?limit=25

I Chose to paste it there as I have no Idea how many QB64 Users are also interested in Microcontroller programming where as many of the GCBASIC users are interested in talking to windows.

If you would rather I Post here as well then please say so and I will be happy to oblige.

Cheers
Chris

FellippeHeitor

Re: An InForm review of sorts..........
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2020, 05:29:02 pm »
Hey, Chris. I love the review!

InForm is available in whatever platform QB64 works, so there you have it.

I couldn't see any of the screenshots you added to the article. Initially I thought they were not being shown because I wasn't logged in to SourceForge, but even after creating an account and logging in they still didn't show.

Thanks for helping spread the word both about QB64 and about InForm.

Offline caroper

« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2020, 06:12:12 pm »
Thanks for the kind words and the update Fellippe, I am not sure what SF is doing with images but it is certainly their weakest link, both adding and displaying.

Here is a link to my Goggle DOC's Master copy of the article, the code is probably not formatted but the images should display.
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1k9vLux2oCPyn9ehy4F5TINiwjFdbc-Mn5F11fQr61iI/edit?usp=sharing

Cheers
Chris

Offline Qwerkey

• Forum Resident
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2020, 07:22:19 am »
Chris, your broadcasting of QB64/InForm to a wider audience is very welcome (and deserved for Fellippe).  Will we be seeing any of your programs in the InForm Programs section?

Offline caroper

« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2020, 03:10:14 pm »
I am not sure how much demand there would be for my code in these forums.
Most of my programming is on the bare metal twiddling bits to control external Electronics with PIC and AVR Microcontrollers.

Recently a need has arisen to find a way to talk to Windows for USB enabled devices as well as simple Serial and wireless communications.
Due to that nature of the GCBASIC audience a tool that can be used without the steep learning curve of the Microsoft Visual Studio and the .NET framework was desirable for a community of programmers with experience of BASIC but little else.

So far QB64 has proven the most reliable for communications and InForm hides a lot of the clutter that is exposed by most other form designers, hence my recommending it to the GCBASIC community.

I do have a couple of projects in mind but they are very Microcontroller centric and will need external hardware to make any use of.
But if there is interest I will certainly post here, even if it is just a description and link to the  Microcontroller Forums.

At the very least it will help show the diversity of applications for QB64 and InForm.

Cheers
Chris