Author Topic: Version 1.0 now available  (Read 3831 times)

FellippeHeitor

Version 1.0 now available
« on: November 10, 2019, 09:01:21 pm »
Without much fanfare, I’m rolling out today version 1.0 of InForm. If you have beta version 7 or 8, you will be prompted to update to version 1.0 next time you launch InForm Designer.

Since Beta 8 was released, a year ago, I’ve only made a few tweaks to things I had noticed were still slightly off. Today’s release contains all of those (which would have been called Beta 9 otherwise), but a year of testing has proven me it was stable enough to finally leave the beta phase.

Starting with this version, the internal __UI_VersionNumber will contain the build number, whereas the __UI_Version constant will contain the user-friendly version string, “v1.0” in this case.

As usual, please let me know how the update process goes and if you happen to find any issues with the latest version of InForm, please let me know in this dedicated InForm area in our forum, and you can also contact me on Twitter (@FellippeHeitor) and via email (fellippe@qb64.org).

Captura de Tela 2019-11-10 às 22.30.36.png

Marked as best answer by on April 19, 2024, 10:55:32 am

Offline STxAxTIC

• Library Staff
  • Forum Resident
  • he lives
Re: Version 1.0 now available
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2019, 09:35:05 pm »
  • Undo Best Answer
  • Grats Fellippe, this is a long-standing pillar of the QB64 community. I swear it looks better each time... but I have to point out the elephant here... why is every big-time dev in the world skipping version 9 in their releases? MS did it, Apple did it, Fellippe did it... I mean... that's the big 3. Who else? (I know you explained it but still, its hilarious!)

EDIT: Next time I choose a version number for something, it's going to start at version 9 without explanation and stay at version 9 forever.
    « Last Edit: November 10, 2019, 10:21:49 pm by STxAxTIC »
    You're not done when it works, you're done when it's right.

FellippeHeitor

« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2019, 08:29:51 am »
    All reasons aside, symmetry shouldn't be ignored here. Build 9 for version 1.0 doesn't look as good as build 10 for version 1.0.

Thank you so much, man.

Offline bplus

• Global Moderator
    • Forum Resident
    • b = b + ...
    « Reply #3 on: November 11, 2019, 02:30:19 pm »
    Way to hang in there with InForm, Fellippe!

I have an idea I will try...

Update: seems to have updated OK, v1.0 showing and reading old .frm files. Now for a refresher course...
    « Last Edit: November 11, 2019, 03:02:37 pm by bplus »

FellippeHeitor

« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2019, 08:29:10 pm »
    Thanks bplus and ron77! :-)

Offline Qwerkey

• Forum Resident
    « Reply #5 on: November 12, 2019, 10:20:12 am »
    And now that version 1.0 is out, we may expect a raft of new InForm programs (I see that SierraKen is looking into it), so this must be good news.

As for the number 9 being 1 less than 10, I expect that it all come from Marketting Psychologists.  Here in the UK, items are very often priced at £14.99 rather than £15.  They seem to think that the 1p step makes the customer think that it is much better value: the customer sees £14 rather than £15 (at least that's the theory).  So a change from 9 to 10 is seen to be more significant than any other step of 1.

So let us hope that this giant step in InForm capabilities draws in large numbers of users.

Offline Ashish

• Forum Resident
    • Never Give Up!
    « Reply #6 on: November 13, 2019, 10:14:39 am »
    Thanks Fellippe for new update!
    if (Me.success) {Me.improve()} else {Me.tryAgain()}

My Projects - https://github.com/AshishKingdom?tab=repositories
    OpenGL tutorials - https://ashishkingdom.github.io/OpenGL-Tutorials

Offline TempodiBasic

• Forum Resident