Author Topic: 11 source games  (Read 3237 times)

Offline Kiara87

• Forum Regular
11 source games
« on: December 25, 2020, 12:32:10 pm »
hi to all I leave these lists of games written by an Italian programmer
I wanted to post in the play area but I don't know why I don't have the create new post button in that section
* sorgenti.rar (Filesize: 78.36 KB, Downloads: 240)
se avessi solo un'ora per salvare il mondo, passerei 55 minuti per definire bene il problema e 5 a trovare la soluzione

Offline STxAxTIC

• Library Staff
  • Forum Resident
  • he lives
Re: 11 source games
« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2020, 12:40:06 pm »
Hello -

Thanks for posting! The reason Games is off-limits to posting, for now -  is that this section was supposed to be "curated" - i.e. vetted by someone with Librarian status.

We've been a tad lazy about it... :-/
« Last Edit: December 26, 2020, 12:28:36 am by STxAxTIC »
You're not done when it works, you're done when it's right.

Offline TempodiBasic

• Forum Resident
« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2020, 04:07:15 pm »
Hi Kiara87
compilando i sorgenti sul tuo PC che risultato hai ottenuto?
Sul mio PC ho avuto delle finestre molto piccole e un framerate impossibile per poter usare i giochi (ho visto AirComb e PIP)-
ad inizio di ogni codice sarebbe utile aggiungere
Code: QB64: [Select]
inoltre suggerirei di aggiungere _LIMIT 20 nel main loop di gioco
e qui viene il bello. Sono programmi scritti in Qbasic/QuickBasic45 con le tecniche note al momento e con uno stile spaghetti code.
Usano la chiara tecnica dello sprite interno con i blocchi DATA e le immagini create sullo schermo sono memorizzate in array di integer. Un vecchio metodo valido ma è possibile una variante più semplice con le nuove funzioni del QB64!
Sarebbe un interessante esercizio tradurne uno in moderno QB64.

English version
compiling sorgents on your PC what results have you got?
On my PC I got small windows and an impossible framerate for playing the game (I have tried AirComb and PIP).
At the start of each program code I suggest to put 
moreover I suggest to add _LIMIT 20 in the main loop of the game and now it becomes funny!    Those are programs written in Qbasic/QuickBasic4.5  using tecniques of programming wel known at that moment and with a style of programming spaghetti code.
They use the clear tecnique of the sprite inner to the code program stored into DATA blocks and the images created on the screen are stored into arrays of integer.  An old valid method but today it is possible a easier variant using the new Keywords of QB64! It would be interesting exercise translate one of these programs into  modern QB64 manner.
Programming isn't difficult, only it's  consuming time and coffee

Offline Kiara87

• Forum Regular
« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2020, 06:15:51 am »
Hi Kiara87
compilando i sorgenti sul tuo PC che risultato hai ottenuto?
Sul mio PC ho avuto delle finestre molto piccole e un framerate impossibile per poter usare i giochi (ho visto AirComb e PIP)-
ad inizio di ogni codice sarebbe utile aggiungere
inoltre suggerirei di aggiungere _LIMIT 20 nel main loop di gioco
e qui viene il bello. Sono programmi scritti in Qbasic/QuickBasic45 con le tecniche note al momento e con uno stile spaghetti code.
Usano la chiara tecnica dello sprite interno con i blocchi DATA e le immagini create sullo schermo sono memorizzate in array di integer. Un vecchio metodo valido ma è possibile una variante più semplice con le nuove funzioni del QB64!
Sarebbe un interessante esercizio tradurne uno in moderno QB64.

English version
compiling sorgents on your PC what results have you got?
On my PC I got small windows and an impossible framerate for playing the game (I have tried AirComb and PIP).
At the start of each program code I suggest to put 
moreover I suggest to add _LIMIT 20 in the main loop of the game and now it becomes funny!    Those are programs written in Qbasic/QuickBasic4.5  using tecniques of programming wel known at that moment and with a style of programming spaghetti code.
They use the clear tecnique of the sprite inner to the code program stored into DATA blocks and the images created on the screen are stored into arrays of integer.  An old valid method but today it is possible a easier variant using the new Keywords of QB64! It would be interesting exercise translate one of these programs into  modern QB64 manner.

si e vero sono tecniche un po vecchie perche il programmatore usava una versione di qbasic
come hai detto te si puo migliorare a rinnovare il codice in effetti lho postate per imparare
come a segnalato anche bplus è un buon metodo per imparare prendere un codice vecchio e tradurlo in QB64
magari traducendo il codice si acquisisce e si capisce meglio cosa si sta facendo

qui il canale dove ho scaricato i sorgenti il canale youtube

se avessi solo un'ora per salvare il mondo, passerei 55 minuti per definire bene il problema e 5 a trovare la soluzione

Offline Aurel

• Forum Regular
« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2020, 09:23:09 am »
sorry but given video not work ?
//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
https://aurelsoft.ucoz.com
https://www.facebook.com/groups/470369984111370
//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

Offline Kiara87

• Forum Regular
« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2020, 10:47:20 am »
sorry but given video not work ?

forse perche non era il link del video ma del canale
cerca deovin code da youtube

Offline TempodiBasic

• Forum Resident
« Reply #6 on: December 27, 2020, 05:12:01 pm »
These links seem to work
DEOVIN  channel    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKzMPGn9-_uyK8PLhjnmT-A/videos
PIP game https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xNlGsK7TNzg
AirCombat https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c6Q2svC6RO8
in his playlist there are some Qbasic tutorials (Qbasic Pacman tutorial,  Mappa 2D qbasic, Qbasic tutorial, Analisi Videogame Qbasic)

The channel has a low visualization rate.

PS
 the author has ignored QB64 and has migrated to C/C++ and Java to get access to the Android world!
 Android , the missed goal of QB64 since SDL version! (0.94)  In the future it will be interesting to see a reinassence of this aspect of QB64. I know vagly that a main issue was  the virtual keyboard. But I think that there are many issues under the hood.
« Last Edit: December 27, 2020, 05:32:04 pm by TempodiBasic »
Programming isn't difficult, only it's  consuming time and coffee