Author Topic: Image editor in QB64.  (Read 2011 times)

Offline loudar

• improve it bit by bit.
Image editor in QB64.
« on: August 02, 2021, 08:03:49 am »
About a year ago, @STxAxTIC mentioned that he would love to see someone make an image editor in QB64.
Today, I can finally show the first very rough version of this.
There is a lot more that is going to be added and changed about this though. Image processing, different colors for vector layers and painting, and so on. Lots of optimization to do and probably hidden bugs to find.

Since I think I now have a good framework to build upon, I want to be able to you bunch involved in this. If anybody has interesting image processing functions, ideas how to optimize the program or literally anything else, please don't hesitate to share! For now this has only be me with help from the code of some of you (Thanks to @luke @SpriggsySpriggs and @SMcNeill here), but I'd also love this to become a community thing maybe (?).

If you happen to make an improvement, feel free to create a pull request on the repository and I'll look through it and try to keep everything organized. This here will also stay the main thread for the project.

Source code and all other files: https://github.com/Targon-Industries/Vedit

Screenshot 2021-08-02 134928.png
Check out what I do besides coding: http://loudar.myportfolio.com/

FellippeHeitor

Re: Image editor in QB64.
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2021, 10:42:43 am »
This is SO sleek, and it has been a pleasure to see you develop it. Keep up the awesome work!

Offline johnno56

• Forum Resident
  • Live long and prosper.
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2021, 04:39:08 pm »
To have an image editor, made with QB64, is SO important on two basic (no pun intended) fronts... 1. Knowing that you possess the skills to actually do it and 2. To promote QB64 itself.... Ok. 3. It's not as bloated or as costly as commercial editors... Kudos to you Loudar. Well done.
Logic is the beginning of wisdom.

Offline TempodiBasic

• Forum Resident
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2021, 07:14:17 pm »
Good Job!
Welcome your work!
Programming isn't difficult, only it's  consuming time and coffee

Offline Petr

• Forum Resident
  • The best code is the DNA of the hops.
« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2021, 06:31:40 am »
Hi. Based on this topic, I was forced :) (I'm glad) to upload a video about this topic. Look where I went, of course it's an unfinished business, how else. My terrible English is used in the video and there is a risk of nightmares, so please be careful :)

Offline TempodiBasic

• Forum Resident
« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2021, 06:14:48 pm »
Hi
I come back to bring my experiences...
1. installing the program and compiling it:
    I have followed your gitub link and I have got the .ZIP, so as declared at gitub I have extracted this zipfile into QB64 folder
    getting a folder Vedit main.
    1.1 I have to correct the path of ICO file with a relative path
'.\internal\ico\Vedit_2.ico'
          and I have to use an absolute path for the path of direntry in the included file UM.BI 
C:\mypath\qb64\Vedit-main\code\direntry"
    well using F11 I got quickly the compiled.EXE

2. running the program
at start it runs showing a window in which you can start to work with a new or saved file  OR you can change setting.
So i have changed the settings choosing Targon set of colors.
Now I have clicked on SAVE button and then on BACK button... and I got this window with bad managing of button and labels on the left top of the windows. See attachment

Vedit 1 bug.JPG
Programming isn't difficult, only it's  consuming time and coffee

Offline loudar

• improve it bit by bit.
« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2021, 06:17:35 pm »
Hey @TempodiBasic!

Thanks for the notice, I am aware of this problem, just didn't come around to fix it yet. If you happen to be in this screen, click the button in the top left corner.

Why this bug occurs: When "bypassing" the "New"-button in the start menu via the settings, you eventually don't create a new file. Since many things in the main window are dependent on a file being existent/certain variables having proper values, it's not displaying it correctly. Creating a new file or opening one solves this. I'll fix this now that someone noticed ;D

Offline loudar

• improve it bit by bit.
« Reply #7 on: August 07, 2021, 06:25:35 pm »
@TempodiBasic Bug should be fixed now in the repository!