Author Topic: Blurry text??  (Read 838 times)

Offline Mad Axeman

• My web site - Harrythetrout
Blurry text??
« on: February 19, 2022, 06:27:25 am »
Probably a strange question but....... I've just decided to come kicking and screaming into the 2010s and upgraded one of my PCs to Win 8.1 64 bit (yup, I'm a true lover of Win 7!) I've just installed the 64 bit version of QB64 and noticed one really annoying thing. When I fire up QB all the text in the IDE is slightly 'blurry'. If I fire up the 32 bit version of QB64 via my NAS then the text is spot on, razor sharp. Every other program I run the text is razor sharp but not QB64 x64. Any thoughts?
Oh look - a sig file :-)

Offline Mad Axeman

• My web site - Harrythetrout
Re: Blurry text??
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2022, 06:34:21 am »
Okay, an update from me straigt away. I just opened up QB64 x32 and QB64 x64 on the same screen. X32 was razor sharp but in a smaller window. Once I resized x32 to the same size window as x64 that too went blurry. Looks like it may be my windows driver / monitor?? I'll have a play around with the driver and see if that makes any difference.
Oh look - a sig file :-)

Offline SMcNeill

• QB64 Developer
  • Forum Resident
    • Steve’s QB64 Archive Forum
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2022, 07:05:07 am »
If you've got a Nivedia card, the issue is most likely anti-aliasing at work.  You can go in and play around with 3d graphics settings (usually FXAA being turned on isthe culprit), or load bold fonts to minimize the issue.  (Use courier bold, rather than just plain courier, for example.)
https://github.com/SteveMcNeill/Steve64 — A github collection of all things Steve!

Offline Petr

• Forum Resident
  • The best code is the DNA of the hops.
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2022, 04:02:24 pm »
Hi, @Mad Axeman

Try pressing Left Alt + Enter a few times while working in the IDE.